Collecting Adempiere-Domains

2011-03-16
2013-03-07
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)
  • Kai Schaeffer

Kai Schaeffer - 2011-03-16

Dear Community,

According to the last vote ADeV is now entitled by the citizens to hold the Adempiere trademark. This includes the domains with "adempiere" in the second
    level name and other adempiere domains that are well known.

Until now the domains are mainly held by individual companies or persons. I want to thank everyone who trustful took care of the important domains. But I guess it's time to transfer them now. I kindly ask every person, who is holding an Adempiere domain to transfer it to the ADeV.

After the transfer ADeV will leave the technical settings of the domains untouched so all services will remain available under their current URL. Once the community set up rules ADeV will apply them to the domains.

Here is a list of registered second level domains:

adempiere.com owner: QSS, Carlos Ruiz
    adempiere.org owner: Redhuan d. Oon
    adempiere.cl owner: Ofbiz, Ramiro
    adempiere.net owner: peer internet solutions
    adempiere.info owner: peer internet solutions
    adempiere.biz owner: peer internet solutions
    adempiere.it owner: peer internet solutions
    adempiere.co.uk owner: Akuna Ltd., Michael Judd
    adempiere.de owner: ADeV, claimed from peer internet solutions
    adempiere.nl owner: NetFlow, postmaster@compiere.nl
    adempiere.asia owner: IT Bakery Co.,Ltd., Sawangpong Muadphet
    adempiere.ec owner: Adrian Cadena, info@fugu.ec
    adempiere.com.mx owner: e-Evolution, Victor Perez
    adempiere.cn owner: service@desoo.com, see: http://www.whois.net/whois/adempiere.cn
    adempiere.se owner: Adempiere Sverige KB, Daniel Tamm

List of important / well known / disputed Non-secondlevel domains:
    testadempiere.com owner: adaxa, U.S, Joel Stangeland
    adempiereconsultants.com owner: ABC (transfer to ADeV  initiated!)
    adempiereerp.de owner: metas, now ADeV (has already been transferred to ADeV !)

Everyone is invited to suggest other registered domains for this list. Beside this, suggestions for unregistered domains are welcome. I guess we should register as much direct adempiere.?? domains as possible.

One problem is that some of the domains are held by domain grabber. We will claim the domains from them one by one like we already did in case of adempiere.de.

So please answer to this forum when you have initiated the domain transfer. For technical details you may contact Norbert (SF:nwessel).

Best regards,
    Kai

• Ramiro Vergara

Ramiro Vergara - 2011-03-16

Kai,

Thanks for your help on getting this well done.

I checked with the Internet authority herein Chile and they have this regulation:

"Domain registration under .CL
    Directions

Domain registrations under .CL now require a local presence in Chile.
    Foreign applicants must provide the name and RUT number of an administrative
    contact with an address in Chile." more info here ( http://www.nic.cl/cl-registration.txt )

In order to transfer this to ADeV you would have to have an admin contact resident in Chile with a Chilean ID card. I can either use a resident that you assign or I can be that contact (not my company but me personally).

As soon as you indicate how you would like me to proceed I would start the transfer of the domain to ADeV

Best Regards

Ramiro

• Michael Judd

Michael Judd - 2011-03-16

Hi Kai,

Please let me know your ISP TAG and I will initiate the transfer for adempiere.co.uk.  This is the process required by the UK domain registrar - Nominet.

Thanks for taking over the cost and administration of this domain and for starting to sort out the IP for the project.

Regards,

Mike

• Michael Judd

Michael Judd - 2011-03-16

The UK registrar Nominet used to require that domains were owned by UK citizens or companies - but I understand they recently allowed foreigners to own domains.  However, you will need to pay the Intellectual Property Office fees for transferring ownership if you want to change the name.  I think this is to ensure that tax is paid on the transfer - but I guess you know about this.

Thanks again….

Mike

• Mike Mckay

Mike Mckay - 2011-03-17

There is a url adempiere.ca which is owned by 10dollar.ca and autoforwards to adempiere.com.

Mike.

• nwessel

nwessel - 2011-03-17

Hi Ramiro,

I checked our DNS registry and they can even handle .cl domains with a local branch in Chile.
    I will contact you for the details.

Best regards,
    Norbert

• nwessel

nwessel - 2011-03-17

Hi Mike,

thanks for the info regarding adempiere.co.uk. ADeV will cover the cost. I will get in contact with you for the details.

Best regards,
    Norbert

• nwessel

nwessel - 2011-03-17

Hi Mike,

thanks for pointing us to adempiere.ca. We have added it to the list.

Best regards,
    Norbert

• Teo Sarca

Teo Sarca - 2011-03-17

Hi guys,

Here is another one: adempiere.ro
    Owner: BYTE CONSULT SRL
    email:  tiberiu.atudorei@gmail.com

Best regards,
    Teo Sarca

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi guys,

Here is another

adempiere.co and adempiere.com.co

kind regards
    Victor Perez

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-03-17

Hi community,

Is unfair to mix in the same bag the known abusers of domains with the honest trustees that have never abused of those.

This is behavior of a known abuser redirecting a country domain to a business company.
    Screenshot of http://www.adempiere.com.mx  redirecting to e-evolution site:

It cannot be compared with an honest trial to create a country community - even if it is still unsuccessful.
    Screenshot of http://www.adempiere.com.co redirecting to a country community site:

Don't push too hard guys, you're not the bastion of morality - returning something abused is not the same as protecting something during four years.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-03-17

Hi community,

Is unfair to mix in the same bag the known abusers of domains with the honest trustees that have never abused of those.

This is behavior of a known abuser redirecting a country domain to a business company.
    Screenshot of http://www.adempiere.com.mx  redirecting to e-evolution site:

It cannot be compared with an honest trial to create a country community - even if it is still unsuccessful.
    Screenshot of http://www.adempiere.com.co redirecting to a country community site:

Don't push too hard guys, you're not the bastion of morality - returning something abused is not the same as protecting something during four years.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Frans Thamura - Meruvian

i think the mistake is "trust" of all of u in the beginning.. and now u get what u get

the adempiere must be under Foundation, not a company, that will turn it become commercial and suck if under AdeV.

and fork will start again.

.com must be under .org, we call it "koperasi" like a unit to commercial the .org, but the .org must be under foundation

that is my tips.

• Frans Thamura - Meruvian

since beggining adempiere is in bad management implementation, the package is mix between org. com. eevolution and what ever..

organiszation is not firm.. but now it like hot snow ball..

hope the movement can continue after this..

i am just a old evangelist in adempiere, since compiere, and may be the first one that propose to fork from compiere to adempiere..

hope the new organization will better, or getting worst, i just supporter.

our indonesian community is not as strong as we want, so i am "depreate"

Frans
    Indonesia

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi Kai!

Thank you very much for ADeV to seek the protection of the community.

based on the request of ADeV, we are ready to transfer the domain adempiere.com.mx.

The procedure established in http://www.nic.mx/ says it is possible transferring the domain to any user of nic.mx by request, so ADeV must register and submit the request this way we will deliver immediately.

The main reason why I do this is to invite others to do the same  in order to safeguard the heritage of the community, in the understanding that ADeV will protect  in its character of non-profit foundation and governing its decisions democratically by the votes of citizens.

kind regards
    Victor Pérez

• ADAXA

ADAXA - 2011-03-18

Hi Kai
    Adaxa owns the adempiere.com.au and adempiere.org.au domain names which are not in your list.
    These relate to a very small part of the world on the bottom right corner of the map and may be of no interest to ADeV  ;-)

However, if you wish, we are happy to transfer them to ADeV and will find out the process involved.

best wishes
    adaxa

• nwessel

nwessel - 2011-03-18

Hi fthamura,

ADeV is actually a foundation and many community members are already members with voting right.

Here is the list:
    Teo Sarca
    Redhuan D. Oon
    Carlos Ruiz
    Low Hengsin
    Joel Stangeland
    Steven Sacket
    Paul Bowden
    Victor Perez
    Ramiro Vergara
    Kai Schaeffer
    Karsten Thiemann
    Mark Ostermann
    Norbert Wessel
    Tobias Schöneberg
    Dirk Niemeyer
    Jan Kantert
    Georg Schütz
    Dominik Zajac
    Werner Scharinger
    Thomas Kreser
    Jens Pfeiffer
    Mario Calderon
    Susanne Calderon

Best regards,
    Norbert

• karsten-thiemann

Hi fthamura,

if you'd like to become a member of the ADempiere e.V. I would support your membership.
    The ADempiere e.V. is the only foundation we have right now, it is democratic and non profit and that's why I think it is the best organisation we have to hold all trademarks and domains - and that's what about 80% of the ADempiere voted for.

Best regards,
    Karsten

• Kai Schaeffer

Kai Schaeffer - 2011-03-18

Hi Community,

I want to inform you, that I have talked with red1 and Carlos about the domains they are holding (adempiere.com and adempiere.org). Unfortunately they are not willing to transfer them in the current situation. They don't trust our current democratic structures and are afraid of a later abuse of these domains. We are still seeking for a solution of this conflict.

Thank you to everyone who offered to transfer a domain. We are working to make it happen, so please stay tuned. ;-)

Best regards,
    Kai

• rsashka

rsashka - 2011-03-18

Hi Community,

Very good that at least now there has been movement toward brand management. Unfortunately, too much time has gone since then, when it should have been set as.

Since then, many companies and individuals have begun work on brand promotion ADempiere, understanding the importance and necessity of this. Unfortunately, all attempts to discuss steps with the community quickly stopped, and because of this had to work alone or with a group of like-minded people.

And now proposed to "transfer" labor of several years of work, not knowing the prospects for the development of the project, no distinct plans of action and generally silent on some issues and still remain unanswered. For example: https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/forums/forum/611167/topic/3785089?message=8943169

Sorry, but the current state of affairs and without a clear and understandable program of further actions of the project development and normal organization of the site for non-English users, I will refrain from the transfer of the domain http://www.adempiere.ru.

Regards,
    Ryabikov A.N.(rsashka)

• Kai Schaeffer

Kai Schaeffer - 2011-03-19

Hi Community,

I want to inform you, that I have talked with red1 and Carlos about the domains they are holding (adempiere.com and adempiere.org). Unfortunately they are not willing to transfer them in the current situation. They don't trust our current democratic structures and are afraid of a later abuse of these domains. We are still seeking for a solution of this conflict.

Thank you to everyone who offered to transfer a domain. We are working to make it happen, so please stay tuned. ;-)

Best regards,
    Kai

P.S.: Sorry for the double-posting. But it seems, that the first one wasn't forwarded by SourceForge as emails.

• Kai Schaeffer

Kai Schaeffer - 2011-03-19

Dear Community,

As I already posted, red1 and Carlos are not willing to transfer the Domains adempiere.com and adempiere.org to the ADeV. Mostly because they are afraid of concentration of the ADempiere assets and an abuse of these. That's why I would like to clarify some facts about the ADeV and it's legal status:

The ADeV is a German "gemeinnützlicher eingetragener Verein" (translated: non-profit registered association). The "eingetragener Verein" (or e.V.) is an own legal form with many statutory regulations. It's getting more regulated if you receive the non-profit status (what we have). And of course it has a Charter, you find here. But let me point to the most important facts:

• The ADeV as an e.V. is owned by nobody. It has no shares and can't by sold to SAP or whoever.

• The base for all decisions are the active members and their meetings. They elect the board and the board is responsible for the daily business. The powers of the board is limited by the charter and German laws. All major decisions have to be made by a members meeting.

• The charter could be changed by the members, but a 3/4 majority is necessary for this (see §7.5. of the charter). Changes of the charter are verified by a German court and must follow strict regulations.

• All the property of an e.V. must stay within the "non-profit world". It means for instance that all assets even in case of a dissolution of the ADeV must be transfered to another non-profit organization. We have chosen the FSF Europe - Chapter Germany e.V (see §14).

• If a board is working against the interest of the society - for instances with selling a domain to SAP - even a single member could go legally against this deal and can stop or revert it. And the board is in such a case personally labial for the damage they caused.

• Only a natural person could become an active member with voting rights and is elected by the other active members (see §4). No organisation or company could get a vote in the ADeV.

• The ADeV is not permitted to do any kind of business (German laws and §3 of charter).

Many OpenSource projects have chosen the German legal form "e.V." for their society. For instance: FSF Europe e.V., KDE e.V., OpenOffice.org Deutschland e.V. (the birthplace of the LibreOffice foundation). Mostly they do it, because it's easy to found and is protecting the non-profit assets very well.

We believe that the Adempiere assets are very safe in such an organization - even if they are concentrated there. At least safer than in hands of individual persons.

Best regards,
    Kai

• rsashka

rsashka - 2011-03-19

Hi Kai

Thanks for the clarification, but similar forms of organization, you can create almost any country. And doubt is present, is not related to ownership organization, but rather to its founders (participants).

Organization of project management ADempiere in the form in which there is now, with cityzeners not supported by valid and legally binding decisions, it is only "game in democracy" and that has nothing to management.

Do you do not include new cityzeners in the founders of the organization? And if so, the decisions taken vote are not legally binding and according to depends on your goodwill.

So I am very pleased that Red1 and Carlos do not want to transfer ownership to anyone it was, regardless of the motives of their decision. This is a kind of guarantee that the project will not be concentrated in one hand and the founders of the most active members excluded from the project management.

Really ask you not to confuse "owner"and "manage". No need to split the community is trying to trample all under him. If you want to take responsibility for further community, start to organize the materials of the existing site and its modifications, WIKI engine which is very inconvenient and may just scare the novice.

If you do this, then I'll gladly redirect adempiere.ru the relevant Russian-language section, but until then I hope that the Red1 and Carlos will remain the owners of the domain name, showing a prudent caution, that would not completely bury the project, initiated by they stood.

Best regards,
    Ryabikov A.N.(rsashka)

• nwessel

nwessel - 2011-03-30

Hi Carlos and Red1,

Kai is posting that you are not willing to handover the core domains of this project to the approved entity which is the ADev.
    You are hesitating to do that even though…
    …80% of the citizens have decided that way with only 5 who voted no
    …you are citizens from day one yourself
    …you are active ADeV members yourself
    …you supported ADeV all the time actively, even pushing to hold community funds

Why the decisions of the citizens count:
    The model of the citizens was created on the last adempiere conference in common agreement. You have been member of the round table and were the first to nominate citizens yourself which you did.
    Every single citizen had been going though an approval process. Each one was nominated because of good community work and supporting the project. Each one was voted and accepted by the vast majority of the other citizens.
    All major decisions have been taken by vote of the citizens. Here is a list:
    -New citizens (>40)
    -PMC Head
    -Community Governance
    -Community Council Team
    -Permission Handling
    -Software Development Procedure
    -etc.

As far as I know (I can check with limesurvey) you took part in all elections. You accepted all decisions of that decision making body.

And now there is a vote regarding trade mark rights, you participated again, you did not object to the election, the citizen take another decision and now you do not feel bound to it.

I think the least you owe to the citizens and to all other adempirians who are working on this project to move it forward every day is why you are hesitating to pass the domains.

What is your reason?

Norbert

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-03-30

Hi Norbert,

I have plenty of reasons I can explain and discuss with you and the whole community here or there.

But I have abstained of opining here until the abused domains are managed by ADeV.

Mexican domain is being clearly abused - a country domain must not point to a company, that doesn't need a rule voted by community, it's just a matter of business ethics.

I also received a complain about Ecuador domain (probably involving the same abuser from Mexico) and tried to pass to CC.
    CC seems to be deaf about my requests - the only answer I received was from one person from CC that has abused another domain during too much time, and I said on the request that he's not the proper person to handle it.

ABC acknowledged abuse is still there, nothing has been fixed although promised more than 9 months ago - we don't need a rule or vote to enforce something that was acknowledged by the abuser.

I'm eager to continue this discussion when the abused domain are in the safe hands of ADeV as trustee.
    Let me know when they're in safe hands - and the abuse is stopped (you can see all the abuses still in progress shamelessly).

NOTE: I voted positively for ADeV to "hold" brand (seems like we have different understanding about meaning of "hold" but that's solvable, let's continue this when the abusers return the abused assets and the brand is respected).

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)