issue with Landed cost cost distribution

Developers
ammar F.
2012-04-05
2013-03-08
  • ammar F.

ammar F. - 2012-04-05

Hello;
    I am looking into the landed cost functionality. In my case I posted an amount of 100,000,000 in invoice(vendor) as a landed cost for a previously received vendor shipment. Here is what I found out I don't know if it is normal but it kind bugged me.

CASE
    I made a purchase for an item of 1700 @ $550. The average invoice updated perfectly to $463.333 per unit for a total current qty of 3000. After ward I sold 500 of the same Item. Shipment posted perfectly. I placed an invoice(vendor) for a total  transportation charge of 100,000,000. I choose the landed cost to be distributed in accordance with COST (The original base cost is 935,000 for a quantity of 1700). the allocation tab showed a base amount of 935,000 : Amount 100,000,000 and Qty 1700 (Perfect).

First Problem
    How ever when actually calculating the current cost price for the (Landed) cost element, it became 40,000 (i.e the landed cost amount   divided by the current qty   ). I taught it would be 106.95 (i.e the landed cost amount   divided by the original vendor invoice amount )

Second Problem
    Every time I make a sale for one unit, the current cost price for the landed cost increment by app 16.01. I could not figure it out why?

what is the logic behind the calculation ?
    which class is responsible for cost calculation in particular Landed costs ? I appreciated the help?

with regard,
    Ammar,

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-04-05

Hi Ammar,

Which release of Adempiere you are using ? What is the costing method ? Did you change Cost Adjustment ?

You might get some help when these questions are answered.

Regards,

Azzam

• ammar F.

ammar F. - 2012-04-09

Dear Azzam

Thanks for the prompt any rather fast reply and sorry to the delay of response on my behalf and Here is the answers for the query.
    Version :- not sure if it has been versioned yet. I compiled it from the latest source code. I assume it to be 3.7.0.
    Costing method: -Average Invoice
    Cost Adjustment is still Off;

Thanx, and I still wish to know which class are responsible to manage cost.

regards

Ammar;

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-04-09

Dear Ammar,

Al Salamo Alaykom,

This issue is not solved yet in Adempiere 3.70 .

We have done some adjustments internally at our local version of Adempiere to costing classes. We stopped cost elements and we used the field CurrentCostPrice for all types of costs including landed cost. It is working perfect with no issues.

If you are interested, give me your private mail and I will send for you the classes McostDetail, Mcost after adjustment.

Have a Good Day :)

Best Regards,

Azzam

• ammar F.

ammar F. - 2012-04-10

Dear Azzam

Wa al-yekum selam wa-Rahmatu'lah waberakatuhu.

Thanx azzam. It is very nice of you. I should  try to figure a way out for this by my own. but just in a case I'm lost in midst, my private e-mail is hamur36@gmail.com. once again thank you.

AAWW,

Ammar

Best regards,

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-04-10

Dear Ammar,

Al Slamo Alaykom,

Please, check your inbox. Please, note that I am using costing methid as 'Average PO'. You need to compile the classes into your Adempiere. Please, tell me if you have any further issues.

Best of wises,

Azzam

• Anonymous - 2012-05-02

Azzam,

Am also interested in ua modified class; have the same issue, if u don't mind. My mail is bmagoha@gmail.com

Rgds,
    bmagoha

• Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs - 2012-05-03

Hello Azzam,
             I am also part of the group that is interested in your solution. It is shocking that such a relevant issue has had such an ambigious treatment. Their seem to be many threads talking Landed Cost funcionality emitting the wrong output. However, in Bayu Cahya Book, he gives an example of the Landed Cost funcionality (On an instance that uses Standard Costing).

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-05-06

Hi Frankie and Bmagoha,

I am sorry for the delay. Friday & Saturday are weekend here.

@bmagoha@ : Please, tell me which release of Adempiere your are using 3.6 or 3.7 ?

@ Frankie@ : We are using Average PO only. The classes are running perfect in two of my implementaions since last 16 months. Always we get Product Assets balance is equal to Stock Value  ( Qty * Cost ).

Also, please mention which release of Adempiere you are using ?

Best Regards,

Azzam

• javid

javid - 2012-06-14

Hi Azzam,
                  I'm currently using adempiere 3.6 have faced issues in costing method and landed cost. if u don't mind send me the class files at javids.be@gmail.com.
    Thanks
    regards,
    javid

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-06-14

Hi Javid,

Please, check your inbox.

Kindly, give me your feedback.

Regards,

Azzam

• ArjunSOD

ArjunSOD - 2012-06-15

Hi Azzam,
    I am also looking for landed cost if u dont mine can u forward those class files to my personal email id arjun.murugan@gmail.com….

Regards
    Arjun

• Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs - 2012-06-20

Hello Azzam,

I am glad to hear that your solution runs well ! I am sure it must have brought you great joy to have overcome that obstacle!

I have ADempiere version 3.70 installed but I have not really used it much. The book ive been reading to teach me how to use ADempiere (author is Bayu Cahya) uses version 3.40.  I have read alot of the book but have yet to actually run the examples of landed costs as given (I plan on using the version installed to go through these examples).

I am interested in seing your solution for the sake of the intectual challenge(fjvannini@gmail.com)

Regards,

Francisco J. Vannini R.

• hemal

hemal - 2012-08-31

Hellow,

Azzam,

kindly send me the fix on adempiere landed cost,
    i am seeking for a solotion and it is not functioning as intended,

Thanks.

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-08-31

Hi  Francisco,

We have fixed the Landed Cost problem for the costing method Average PO only. I will send for you the classes for this solution.

Regards,

Azzam

• Frankie Figs

Frankie Figs - 2012-08-31

Azzam, thank you. I hope to build upon this solution.

Regards,

• Disha Kadu

Disha Kadu - 2012-11-05

Hi Azzam ..!! I need ur help can u give me ur email id ..?? or else Can give me a reply on my Email id disha.goedecke@gmail.com .

Hello , I need help in getting split the Landed cost in Adempiere Software 3.6 . I m facing many problem in that can anyone guide me the proper steps to follow Landed Cost in Adempiere 3.6 software … ???

• AZZAM OTHMAN

AZZAM OTHMAN - 2012-11-05

Hi Disha,

My pleasure.

I will send it to your private mail.

Regards,

Azzam

• Noufal K

Noufal K - 2012-11-06

Hello Azzam,

Could you please share the fix with my mail id noufalas@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    Noufal.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks