Financial Reporting remove the negative sign

Help
2013-01-18
2013-07-10
  • Rinto Exandi

Rinto Exandi - 2013-01-18

Dear All,

Is there any solution to remove the negative sign in the Financial Report result?
    Please advise me..

Regards,
    Rinto

• goran djermanovic

Did you try to multiple that value with -1?

• Anonymous - 2013-02-07

same question by me as well. kindly someone help. Just to hide negative sign in the final version of the report while in database it should be as it was means with negative sign. just what not requiring is a negative sign in the report only…

• ADAXA

ADAXA - 2013-02-07

Hi
    Have you tried the following?
    In Account Element set the expected sign for all Asset/Expense accounts to 'debit' and all other accounts to 'credit'
    If you are reporting using summary accounts in the Report Line>Report Source eg by saying the report source is "1-Assets" or "4-Revenues" then make sure that all accounts under 1 or 4 parent account have the same Account Type and Expected Sign.
    In Column Set > Report Column select  Amount Type 'Balance - Expected Sign' or 'Balance - Accounted sign' as required.

My Financial Reports show Assets and Liabilities as positive numbers (assuming this is what you are trying to achieve). When doing calculations such as Gross Margin (Revenue-COGS) you have to use the subtraction operator in the Line Set even though the accounting equivalent is summing the credit values in the sales accounts and debit values in the cost of sales accounts.

The above is from memory but you can easily test.
    regards
    Steven

• Anonymous - 2013-02-08

@Steven

I'll apply your steps and let you know about what happened. Thanks for your kind help.

Regards
    TJS

• Anonymous - 2013-02-11

NO STEVEN IT AIN'T WORK FOR ME. IT IS STILL SHOWING - IN BALANCE COLUMNS. BUT TOTAL IS ALWAYS CORRECT. I WANT AL VALUE ABOVE TOTAL MUST ALSO NOT SHOW "-" SIGN.

Regards
    TJS

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2013-02-11

Maybe you should disallow negative postings?  It's a checkbox on the Accounting Schema definition!
    colin

• Mike Mckay

Mike Mckay - 2013-02-11

Hi TJS,

Try a simple math operation.  Uncheck the "Printed" checkbox for that line.

Then create a new line that subtracts the negative value from itself.  I use this approach to get summary accounts, such as Net Income, to show up correctly on the balance sheet.  (ie.  Operations = Substract, Op1 = New Line, Op2 = Negative Line.)

I agree that a Balance (opposite sign) would be a good feature to have.

Mike.

• Orlando Cantillo Padilla (ADMON)

para cambiar el signo (-)   en los estados financieros  tienes que entrar a ELEMENTO CONTABLE  Valor del elemento  y en la cuenta cambias la naturaleza por ( Natural )

att   www,opencorp.co
          Orlando Cantillo

• Anonymous - 2013-02-14

Hi Mike,

I am unable to uncheck it and then proceed with your steps. I am new to this system need your help on it please.

Regards
    TJS

• Team J Solutions

Hi,

I have tried all the above solutions but still getting -ve sign in the balance column. Please help!! or can anyone help me out in calculation of Sum of balance.

Regards

• Team J Solutions

Is there a way that I can adjust (SUM OF AMOUNT DEBIT)-(SUM OF AMMOUNT CREDIT) as total of Sum of Balance column. Currently SUM/Total is calculated by adding BEGINNING BALANCE+EACH ROW in the BALANCE COLUMN. I just want total to be calculated by ROWS. i.e TOTAL OF DEBIT-TOTAL OF CREDIT=TOTAL OF BALANCE..........
    I have edited report org.compiere.report.FinStatement by using abs(AcctDr-AcctDe) to show all negative values as positive but it is effecting my results. need your help please

• imgesignstudio

imgesignstudio - 2013-07-10
    Post awaiting moderation.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks