Failed:Convert SalesOrder to Invoice/Shipment

Help
AngKC
2012-10-24
2013-07-21
  • AngKC

AngKC - 2012-10-24

Hi, Community Members,

I tested the following sample data using both ADEMPIERE V3.60/V3.70, unfortunately, it failed to Convert SalesOrder to Invoices/Shipments in both systems

(1) Successful - Convert open Proposal or Quotation to Sales Order
    Menu ==> Quote-to-Invoice ==> Sales Orders ==> Quote convert process.
    Convert open Proposal or Quotation to Order
    Successful
    Document status : Completed
    Button status : Complete Button changed to Posted Button

(2) Failed - Convert SalesOrder to Shipments (I used the above mentioned Sales Order)
    Menu ==> Quote-to-Invoice ==> Shipments ==> Generate Shipments process window.
    Set the Warehouse field to Refrigerator 1st Warehouse
    Set the Shipment Date field to the current default date
    Set the Business Partner field to FarEast Trading Ltd
    Set the Document Action field to Prepare
    Set the Date Promised field to the blank
    Generate and print Shipments from open Orders
    ** Created = 0

(3) Failed - Convert SalesOrder to Invoices (I used the above mentioned Sales Order)
    Menu ==> Quote-to-Invoice ==> Sales Invoices ==> Generate Invoices Process.
    Set the Organization field to Refrigerator
    Set the Order field to Sales Order No
    Set the Business Partner field to FarEast Trading Ltd
    Set the Document Action field to Complete
    Generate and print Invoices from open Orders
    ** Created = 0

Is there a way to Convert SalesOrder to Invoices/Shipments Successfully ?
    Thanks in advance for any reply, assistance.

Regards,
    AngKC

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi AngKC,

Generation of Shipments and Invoices from Sales Orders depends on Delivery Rule, Invoice Rule and Availability of products in the warehouse.

If delivery Rule is NOT force then Shipment will be geenrated only if there are neough products in the warehouse.

If Invoice Rule is NOT Immediate then Invoice will be genrated after Shipment is generated.

Regards,
    Trifon

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2012-10-24

The sales document type might also have a bearing.
    You are probably aware but just in case… if the Sales document type were POS then when you completed the Sales Order the Shipment & Invoice would be automatically created and so would not appear when you tried to generate shipment/invoice!

See more here http://www.adempiere.com/Sales_Processes

colin

• AngKC

AngKC - 2012-10-24

Hi, Trifon, colin,
    Thanks a lot for quick reply and assistance in providing precious Tech-Info.
    I will verify the related rules: Delivery Rule, Invoice Rule and Availability…etc, and re-test the sample data once again, then report back the outcome.

Regards,
    AngKC

• AngKC

AngKC - 2012-11-28

Hi, Trifon, colin,

Problem solved.
    Once again, thanks a lot for assistance in providing precious Tech-Info.

Regards,
    AngKC

• goran djermanovic

I have some strange situation with SO: when I entered quantities in SO line, for some reason after I complete it and go back to SO line I can see that ordered quantities is 1 not 5 as I entered. I suppose that's the problem why when I generate shipment and invoice I have in that line 1 quantity instead of 5. This happens occasional and I can't find out why. For example in this last SO it happens on two lines. Invoice rule is set on Immediate and Shipment rule to force. This shouldn't happen?

• Devina

Devina - 2013-07-21

How to input the beginning balance of the stock of goods in ADempiere ?
    could you tell me the options tab what should I choose ?

regards,

• Devina

Devina - 2013-07-21

hy
    i have tried to make beginning balance in Physical Inventory, after that i work in Sales Order and then make to Shipment but it's have Posting Error. And if i work in Sales order but i start from Purchase Order-Material Receipt-Invoice(vendor)-Matching PO Invoice earlier, in Shipment is not have Posting Error ...

how about your opinion ?

• Devina

Devina - 2013-07-21

if the status of the items I will sell as many as there have been instances 25 pieces. Could you tell me how to flow of Sales that should I do in ADempiere ?
    whether it is necessary to make of the Purchase Order-Material Receipt-Invoice(vendor)-PO-Match and then proceed to the Sales Order ?

because if i work directly from Sales Order i have my Shipment be POSTING ERROR, but if i made of Purchase Order -Material Receipt-Invoice(vendor)-PO-Match and then proceed to the Sales Order i have my Shipment be POSTED.

i confused about that because if i start to make PO, items will automatically increase, followed by a create Sales Order that resulted in reduced items. and in essence my item status still 25 pieces.

how your solution?
    regards,

Devina

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks