Parameters printed partially in report

Help
2012-12-18
2013-03-08
  • Jubin Philip

Jubin Philip - 2012-12-18

Hi All,

In the report print format, while printing the parameters that i selected, at times the field is not printed fully.

This happens particularly with product.. Eg: Open Orders report. When i choose a product (my product name exceeds 255 characters)… at the report print, where it shows all the parameters that i choose, for the product ,the name gets cut off.

Is there any way that i can increase the print characters for the parameters field?

Thanks,

Philip

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2012-12-18

You can set the max width of a field in the PrintFormat definition, see
    http://www.adempiere.com/ManPageW_PrintFormat#Tab:_Format_Item

I note that the Product Name has, by default, 255 characters… I'm assuming you have altered this in the Application Dictionary to store more than 255 chars in the first place.

colin

• Jubin Philip

Jubin Philip - 2012-12-18

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the link. Yes, like you have summed, I have altered the AD to store more than 255 chars.

The trouble is not with the report itself. Products printed within the report is fine. Although the field is stretched, the column contains the full name of my product.

The trouble is at the top of the report. The space between the report header and the tabular results.
    In between this area is the parameters printed. These parameters are printed if the user specifies any parameter while pulling the report.

When this is printed on the top of the report (not on the column) this is when the product name is partially printed.

Is there any way that i can alter to increase the size there?

Thanks,

Philip

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2012-12-18

Hi Philip,
    I understand now.  I'm not aware of how this value might be changed.  I would have assumed it took the format from the AD .. if not this might be a bug to be fixed.

colin

ps. Is it the same under swing & web UI?  That might have a bearing.

• Jubin Philip

Jubin Philip - 2012-12-19

Hi Colin,

Exactly what i thought… It might be a glitch that could be fixed easily. Just wanted to know if the community was aware of anything like this :-)…
    I currently use Swing and it happens there… Im not aware of its occurance in web UI.

I believe somewhere within the codes, it might have been pre-defined. Anyway's il keep my hunt open. If i come across anything I shall definitely share it across.

Regards,

Philip

• Zuhair Hammadi

Zuhair Hammadi - 2012-12-22

Hi all,

I had same problem.

increase info column size in table ad_pinstance_para
    in the database and application dictionary.

Regards,
    Zuhair Hammadi

• Jubin Philip

Jubin Philip - 2012-12-23

Hi Zuhair,

Thanks alot!! That did the job!

I was actually going to post the solution when I saw your reply for the post. Anyways thanks alot for the share.

Regards,

Philip