I believe the Credit Used field in the Customer Tab of Business Partner window shows wrong results.
From my observations, I find that this field is showing me the sum of my invoice values for this Business Partner irrespective of the payments I have received from him.
For example :
I have an invoice for ABC customer whose value is 500.
So in my credit used it shows 500 and my credit limit i have set to 1000.
So ideally he still have 500 available as credit.
Suppose at this time he made a payment to me for the open amount 500…
This mean he has no outstanding and ideally full credit (1000) is available.
But if i look into the BP window, the credit used still remains 500 and thus credit available remains 500 (1000-500).
Isn't this condition wrong?
Did you post the Payments through the accounting processor? You can either wait till the processor does it itself (I think default is every 1 hour) or click on the "Post" button after you completed the payment.
The Payments have been posted. My positing method is Immediate.
I have also reconciled this payment through Bank Statement.
Still no effect. :-(
Sounds wrong to me also.
What happens if you run the process > Business Partner Rules > Validate Business Partner.
Hard Luck!! Even after running this process values remain the same :-(
In fact the process results also remain the same. Credit used is still 500.
Did you allocate the payment to the invoice? If not, the invoice remains "unpaid" and the credit number is not affected.
Thanks Mike for the tip! Yes, when we allocate the payment to the invoice, the credit used does change!
Looking at the code in MBPartner.setTotalOpenBalance() it seems it should include unallocated payments and if I execute the SQL here it does return values inclusive of unallocated amounts. There must be an issue that update of the Balance is not always run and indeed there is a flag passed to the get method to flag whether the value should be calculated or take whatever value is currently there… I guess for performance reasons.
Also, comments in the Payment allocation indicate it forces a recalculate but the same code is used in BP Validate so it's strange one works and the other not.
Log in to post a comment.