Unable to set Org=* in GL Journal Batch tab

Help
AngKC
2012-11-28
2013-03-08
  • AngKC

AngKC - 2012-11-28

Hi, Community Members,

I tested sample GL Journal Entries by navigating to the Menu ==> Performance Analysis ==> GL Journal window (V3.60). Unfortunately, I was unable to set Organization to * on the Batch tab. I found that the * option is excluded in the Organization options list.
    May I know how to set Organization to * on the Batch tab ? so that to enable me to input GL Journal Entries applicable to the * level, and not restrict to only a single Organization level, Otherwise on the Line tab, I would not be able to key in an appropriate Combination field data for Organization=*.
    Is there any alternative solution ?
    Thanks in advance for any reply, assistance.

Regards,
    AngKC

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2012-11-28

The * represents ALL Orgs, but when a transaction occurs it must occur in a specific Org.

So, you can create a part in * that is shared by all orgs… but a specific org buys or sells it.  So you will find that * is not a selectable org for "transactional" type windows.

colin

• AngKC

AngKC - 2012-11-28

Hi, Colin,
    Thank you very much for your quick reply and assistance.
    During the Initial Client Setup process, I only setup one sample Organization, namely PowerPlant. ADempiere's accounting configuration system automatically created all Account combinations (with prefix *) such as *-14120-_-_-_-_-_ for the whole Chart of Accounts without any Prefix Organization name PowerPlant. If I want to use the prefix Organization name PowerPlant Account combinations such as PowerPlant-14120-_-_-_-_-_, etc, in Line tab for all future GL Journal entries, I have to create hundreds of new prefix Account combinations for the whole Chart of Accounts.
    Is there a compact/rapid way to create all prefix Account combinations such as PowerPlant-14120-_-_-_-_-_etc,  for the whole Chart of Accounts ?

Regards,
    AngKC

• Colin Rooney

The defaults having * or or is normal.  When you complete the Journal document - or any other document for that matter (e.g. shipment/invoice/payment etc) - the * will be replaced with the org of the document and so the GL posting will be related to that Org.

colin

• Colin Rooney

typoe…
    > The defaults having * or or is normal
    = The defaults having * as org is normal

• AngKC

AngKC - 2012-11-28

Hi, Colin,

Once again, thanks a lot for assistance in providing precious Tech-Info.

(1) But now I have a problem, when I navigate to the Menu ==> Performance Analysis ==> GL Journal window,
    I can only set Organization to PowerPlant (my sample Organization name), subsequently when I navigate to the Line tab, I still have to set Account Combination field to PowerPlant-14120-_-_-_-_-_ (Sample Data, for instance).
    Unless I can use a compact/rapid way to create all new prefix Account combinations such as PowerPlant-14120-_-_-_-_-_ etc, for the whole Chart of Accounts. I still would not be able to key in GL Journal Entries smoothly.
    Create hundreds of new prefix PowerPlant Account combinations for the whole Chart of Accounts without a compact/rapid way would be very time comsuming.

I would be very appreciated if you could enlighten me a compact/rapid way to create all prefix Account combinations such as PowerPlant-14120-_-_-_-_-_ etc, for the whole Chart of Accounts.

(2) I also need a compact/rapid way to create a List of Charges with new prefix PowerPlant (my sample Organization name) because When I navigate to the Menu ==> Performance Analysis ==> Accounting Rules ==> Generate Charges window. I can only create a List of Charges with default prefix *-14120-_-_-_-_-_ etc.

Regards,
    AngKC

• Colin Rooney

I don't know of a quick way to create the combinations but most GL transactions are created by the processing of documents rather than the GL Journal.  If you need to create a GL Journal for initial values, I believe you could use the "GL Journal Import" to ease that process.  The GL Journal Import is also a recommended approach for the creation of common, period, GL Journal entries … you can work on them in something like excel or OO/LO Calc then save as a CSV prior to import into Adempiere. 

• AngKC

AngKC - 2012-11-29

Hi, Colin,

Noted.
    Once again, thank you very much for your assistance in providing precious Tech-Info.

Regards,
    AngKC

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks