Install Adaxa POS

Help
2011-02-08
2013-03-08
  • Scott Furtado

Scott Furtado - 2011-02-08

Can someone explain how to install the touchscreen pos?  The only information is on the wiki and a forum posting that says:

* This is the FR Tracker.
        * Code done in SVN/contributions/Adaxa/POS and synched with trunk as Revision 11899.

* Then recompile your source and deploy.
        * Then ant your build.xml at migration/354a-trunk/<DB> to get the latest model changes.
    from http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/Touchscreen_POS

How exactly is this done?

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi,

Can someone explain how to install the touchscreen pos?

It is part of trunk and 3.6.0.
    All you need to do is login as GardenAdmin/GardenUser and test it.

Enjoy,
    Trifon

• demo79

demo79 - 2011-02-18

I tried testing the new POS touchscreen, from the 3.6.0 install but all i get is the old java POS,
    what am i doing wrong?
    which POS would you recommend for production the old Java POS or the ADaxa POS?

thanks for the help.

• sako

sako - 2011-04-02

I cannot find a build with source code that includes the touchscreen POS either… I downloaded 3.6.0 source and compiled, and I got the old version.  Tried the QSS Branch, and it's the same: the old POS.  The only place I found it was in the windows self-installer version, but that does not contain the source code. Can anyone put me on the right track? how can I just download the touchscreen POS source and build it with say the QSS branch? thanks. Sako

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2011-04-02

By right you ought to get it in 360LTS and Trunk latest. This is how to ensure you see it:

1. Login as SuperUser/System
    2. Select GardenAdmin and Store Central role
    3. Search for POS and launch it

The screen as i put in WindowsInstallerGuide should be there. In fact i wrote there that the installer is done based on exact Trunk.

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-04-02

Hi Sako,

touchscreen POS didn't arrive to QSS branch because of unsolved quality issues reported in the corresponding tracker:
    http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=2979756

There you can read the reported problems that make it unusable, I decided not to include it as at least the old POS didn't have those problems and was usable.

I think that's something that could be better worked as an installable extension, it's possible to work touchscreen POS with such approach, but it needs volunteers or sponsorship.
    Stabilization must not be so hard either, probably it needs just will.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• sako

sako - 2011-04-02

Red1, I am new to SVN, so I guess I may be doing something wrong.  I am using TortoiseSVN and all I did was checkout from: https://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adempiere/tags/adempiere360lts/  so, i guess concerning your comment, "ought to get it in 360LTS and Trunk latest", the command i did probably got 360LTS, but not the Trunk latest… I need to figure out how to do that </p>
    Carlos, I read your notes somewhere about making "installable extensions" but don't remember all the details. So, that's like sort of creating customization or patches (i read your notes about those too).. I will lookup your notes about extensions again.  Anyway, I wouldn't mind looking into the Touchscreen POS to see if I can contribute somehow… i just read the notes of the URL you listed and probably getting it stabilized would not be too hard, but I am not sure I can figure out how to add many of the requested features. With a little help and guidance from you all, I may be able to make progress.  I need to first figure out how to just get the code for the Touchscreen POS portion out, and then I will get  a good feel of it.  I saw the URL from adaxa which lists the changed/added code at: http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/adempiere?view=revision&revision=11899 but i have not figured out how to get just these files from SVN.  Any advice?
    </p>Thanks. Sako.

• sako

sako - 2011-04-03

Thanks for the links John…

Ok, so I was thinking that i should be able to take all the code for the TouchPOS listed here http://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/adempiere?view=revision&revision=11899
    and I should be able to create a customization.jar file as described in the ADempiere customization wiki …. Is my thinking completely flawed? I am running into a lot of problems when i do this..

Thanks.
    Sako

• Tony Snook

Tony Snook - 2011-04-03

Sako,

If you just want to test the Touchscreen POS, it might be easier to  check out the last SVN revision of trunk, which is at the following url:
    https://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adempiere/tags/trunk_last

You will also need to run all the migration scripts in  the migration/360lts-release/  folder for the relevant database you are using.

Regards,
    Tony

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2011-04-03

Sako,
    If you still have problem, just email me.

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Thanks Tony… the first few migration scripts worked fine but when I go to the following script:

743_FR3004020_DeliveryPolicyPostgresql.sql

I get:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CASE"
    LINE 1: CASE  $1  WHEN 'L' THEN IF  $2  =  $3  THEN RETURN 1
            ^
    QUERY:  CASE  $1  WHEN 'L' THEN IF  $2  =  $3  THEN RETURN 1
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "is_inout_candidate_orderline" near line 73

********** Error **********

ERROR: syntax error at or near "CASE"
    SQL state: 42601
    Context: SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "is_inout_candidate_orderline" near line 73

I looked into the code and it looks like as long as the statements are strictly SQL, then all is well.. however, anytime procedural extensions are reached, then the scripts are blowing up.

I used the following code to see if the procedural language is installed in pgSQL, and it's there.

SELECT true FROM pg_catalog.pg_language WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';

Any advice?
    Thanks.
    Sako.

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Red1, thanks for your offer … I made great progress over the week end so far and was able to load the TouchPOS as a customization.jar, and it works fine.  Now I am trying to figure out why my pgSQL scripts are blowing up.  Any ideas?
    Sako.

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Actually, concerning my post #12, it's not all procedural language statements that are blowing up… just on the CASE statement… pg is complaining about those… Here's an example that pg is not liking:

CASE v_deliveryRule
    WHEN 'L' THEN - Complete line
    IF v_qtytodeliver = v_qtyallocated THEN
    - RAISE NOTICE 'Quantity to deliver = qty allocated';
    RETURN 1;
    END IF;
    WHEN 'O' THEN - Complete order
    IF v_qtytodeliver > v_qtyallocated THEN
    - RAISE NOTICE 'Not enough allocated for complete order';
    RETURN 0;
    END IF;
    WHEN 'A' THEN - Availability
    IF v_qtyallocated > 0 THEN
    - RAISE NOTICE 'Something to deliver';
    RETURN 1;
    END IF;
    END CASE;

This case statement looks like it's Oracle syntax… maybe Oracle and pg code is mixed up in the migration folder? …

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Ok, it looks like the CASE was not supported in pg 8.3… maybe that's the problem… so, need to upgrade to pg9… any known problems the latest pg?

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-04-04

Hi Sako,

I run the script ok with postgres 8.4.7

Maybe is the "COST 100" at the end of the function which is not supported?
    Or the "END CASE" - it must be just "END".

I'm wondering why do you need to apply 743_FR3004020_DeliveryPolicyPostgresql.sql - it's for a different thing.

> any known problems the latest pg?

Yes, there are some issues with pg9, you need to upgrade the jar, change some official views, and review your views.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Carlos,

Concerning "I'm wondering why do you need to apply 743_FR3004020_DeliveryPolicyPostgresql.sql - it's for a different thing", well, that was one of the scripts in the migration folder of the last_trunk… so, i figured i needed to apply all the scripts in that folder (\migration)

After searching in the pg documentation, i was surprised to find that CASE was not part of the plpgsql language in pg 8.3… it looks like it was introduced in pg 8.4.x… so, i downloaded pg 9.0 and all the scripts ran ok.

Concerning "Yes, there are some issues with pg9, you need to upgrade the jar, change some official views, and review your views", well in that case may be i better download the 8.4 version of pg so that I dont get into trouble  :-)

ok, now after all this work, Touch POS is still not working properly… when I enter an order and click on the payment button (the icon with cash in it) i get the error "PosOrderProcessFailed"

Also, when I click on the product icon, the list of products is shown, but when i click on a product, the POS is shown again but the selected product is not brought over to the list of items.

Also, when i launch ADempiere in Eclipse, I have the error "The program assumes build version ADempiere, but database has build version ${env.ADEMPIERE_VERSION} 20080428-1232.  This is likely to cause hard to fix errors." 

Maybe it's this last error that is causing the first two??

Thanks
    Sako

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2011-04-04

Ah, I asked because if you're trying to make an extension for 361 you don't need to do all migration.

But, if you're migrating to trunk, you must apply all of them.

> After searching in the pg documentation, i was surprised to find
    > that CASE was not part of the plpgsql language in pg 8.3.

It's supported since version 7, look here the manual page for version 8.3:
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/functions-conditional.html

The syntax doesn't show "END CASE" as supported, just "END" - so I guess supporting "END CASE" was added in 8.4

> ok, now after all this work, Touch POS is still not working properly…
    > when I enter an order and click on the payment button (the icon
    > with cash in it) i get the error "PosOrderProcessFailed"

Good, if you already have an extension installer for Touch POS, can you please publish it somewhere or send it to me, I'm interested to help you or guide you on this.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• sako

sako - 2011-04-04

Ok, i will use 361 so that I won't have to deal with the scripts.. I am still getting errors when I run Touch POS… actually, I can't get it to "process" payments.  I get the following error: "PosOrderProcessFailed"

"if you already have an extension installer for Touch POS, can you please publish it somewhere or send it to me", I am shooting for an extension, but I am still trying to debug the current version.  Hopefully 361 would run better.  So, when you say 361, that's the version that is on Kenai, right? or is there a version on SF?

"I'm interested to help you or guide you on this" thank you much Carlos for this … looking forward to your help.

I am looking forward to add functionality to Touch POS … things like "Register ID" for multiple registers, and other functionality listed on the Touch POS FR… but first, i need to make it run as is   :-)

Thanks again for all your help, Carlos.

Sako

• Sergio Le Roux

Sergio Le Roux - 2011-10-31

Hello. I would also like to know how to use the POS.

I have no idea how to install it. Is it included in Adempiere 370 LTS? There's an option for "POS" in the menu but it says that "no POS terminal defined for user".

Tried to get latest Subversion source (contrib/adaxa/pos) but it gives errors and can't compile (some function has wrong parameters).

Should I go back to the windows installer for 361?

• Sergio Le Roux

Sergio Le Roux - 2011-10-31

If this has been answered please ignore previous post, I was looking at a single filtered post in SourceForge forums and thought there were no replies :P

• Andrés Mauricio Martínez H

The hotbed of research at the University of Caldas offers …

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks