Private declaration invisible

2004-12-29
2013-04-17
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I just downloaded AdaDoc 2.1 and tested it. It is wonderful but one is missing. The private declaration and private procedures/functions will not be documented. I have many private declarations in my project sources. It will be superb if AdaDoc could document private part.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

• byhoe

byhoe - 2004-12-29

Sorry, I forgot to login. It's me, Adrian Hoe. :)

• Vincent Decorges

Hi,

In fact, it's a normal behaviour. Usally when you document a API you don't want that users of that API know the implementation details...

AdaDoc could easily document private part with little modifications.

- Change procedure Write_Xml to add a Boolean to define if we want private part or not. If we want private part use the Private_Tree variable to generate the xml.

- Add an option in the command line (adadoc.adb) to define if we want to document the private part.

Regards

• Buz Cory

Buz Cory - 2005-06-19

>  In fact, it's a normal behaviour. Usally when you document a API
        > you don't want that users of that API know the implementation details...

Depends on your target audience ... Maintainers certainly need to know the details, and it does no harm for the end users to know them in this case, they can't ++use++ them in their code

> AdaDoc could easily document private part with little modifications.

So when will this appear in the distributed code? My preference would be to +show+ private parts by default.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks