First my best greetings. - It works great!
I'm using a DrayTek Vigor 520 Wireless CardBus Card. (More Information
in the attachment) I'm using the card together with a Vigor 2500We
access point. I also use 128Bit encryption. Linux is a SuSE 8.2 pro. I
downloaded Version 0.1g of the driver.
The Problems I noticed:
* I used an external pcmcia application (as delivered with SuSE 8.2
pro). With this I could not 'detect' the card when the module was
inserted. (No start address for PCI memory region 1, pointer was
NULL) - I switched to 'kernel'-pcmcia. You could add a note in the
* The *.BIN files are named quite different. You can see the names
in the attached structure. The content is deleted. The files are
uncompressed on the Installation Disk from DrayTek.
* The start_net script is sensible if not called in the local
directory. - Fixed.
* 'iwconfig wlan0 rate 22M' makes trouble. But with changing back
the card continues.
The changes I made:
* I have other *.bin Files and used links for the two requested
*.BIN files. (First time right)
* I modified the 'start_net' script to be called from anywhere. I
also added a plump 'iwconf $DEV key s:XXXXXXXXX' call.
* I modified acx100.c for debugging. My card has a strange "name" in
the EEPROM. (see messages)
* Some output of tools:
o 'cardctl ident' with both pcmcia methods (kernel, external)
o The /var/log/messages output (or dmesg)
o And where I found the firmware (executed.batch)
* Directory structure with only the modified files - for using
changes or reference of output in dmesg.
If there is anything else you need, please give me a note.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.