lineRedirect?

Anonymous
2010-08-04
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2010-08-04

Hi all,
    does activa TSP support lineRedirect()? It would be extremly usefull if one wished to use this TSP in a call routing application.
    Thanks in advance
    Jarek

• activatsp

activatsp - 2010-08-05

Hi!

Sorry but Activa doesn't support lineRedirect() explicitly, but a fast transfer method is allowed using lineDial() prefixing # in the destination address.

Activa Team.

• Anonymous - 2010-08-05

Hi,
    thanks for the response. Unfortunately fast transfer is not suitable for routing calls. We have application that redirects incoming calls to logged ACD agents, basing on user defined rules. As a result, the call is landing at the most suitable agent and most often later there is no need to make transfers. LineRedirect is a very basic functionality on typical PBX. I saw, the Asterisk managing API does support redirecting, so this is only the matter of exposing it under TSP.
    Anyway thank you for information
    Jarek

• Anonymous - 2010-08-06

Hi, I reviewed Activa provider sources and saw that FastTransfer() method of the provider is explained as function redirecting active call. Hence is my question. If i would like to to use FastTransfer(), could it be applied to a call being in the ALERTING state? Or has the call to be answered first? If alerting state would be acceptable, then this function could be used to implement lineRedirect. Any comment would be very helpful, thanks in advance
    Jarek

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks