Here's a little status report for a Dell Latitude C800, Bios A21:
- does not boot with battery inserted -> see oops on server below
- battery is never detected
- "cat /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/state" produces same oops if battery is
dsobject-0370: *** Warning: Buffer created with zero length in AML
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000010
- power off does not work if battery is plugged in
- none suspend modes do work
The last acpi-patch release (20-rc1) worked fine, except for this one: I get a system freeze for
a second if I access the battery info files.
Sleep modes never worked on my laptop. S1 is the only one that produces some feedback:
A blinking power led and the system seems to sleep (display is on). Pressing the power
button wakes up the machine, but the display switches off and there's no way to get
back. I've to type something like "reboot" blindly.
You can get dsdt, kernel, oops, bootmessage, etc. here:
If I can provide any other useful informations, just drop me a note ;-)
Keep up the good work,
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.