Problem using acidrip on Mandy 9

Help
2003-01-01
2003-09-01
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed acidrip on Mandy 9 and I everything went fine.  I loaded the app up and again no probs, however when I click start it tels me that it has finished encoding straight away but the file does not exist. 

When I return to the console I have the following errors appear:

readline() on closed filehandle MENC at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 187.
    Wed Jan  1 01:36:10 2003 Gtk-LOG **: file gtkcombo.c: line 849 (gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings): assertion `strings != NULL' failed. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 190.
    readline() on closed filehandle MENC at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 194.
    Wed Jan  1 01:36:10 2003 Gtk-LOG **: file gtkcombo.c: line 849 (gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings): assertion `strings != NULL' failed. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 196.
    no configuration file found, nevermind.
    readline() on closed filehandle FILE at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 308.
    Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 18.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 19.
    Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 18.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 19.
    readline() on closed filehandle MENCODER at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 207.

Hope this makes sense to you!!

Regards,

JamieT

• Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips - 2003-01-02

i'd guess you've not got mplayer installed. or at least not mencoder. maybe it's not on your path.

i'm releasing a new version today or tomorrow hopefully, and have added more debug information to help with things like that.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the prompt response.

I assumed mencoder was installed as part of Mplayer, guess that was a wrong assuption but I could not find any details on the mplayer website regarding mencoder.  Anyhow I did a urpmi mencoder and grabbed an rpm to install and am in the process of ripping my first avi file.

Once again thanks a lot.

Regards,

Jamie T.

• Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips - 2003-01-02

you didn't find any trace? i presume you had your eyes tightly closed....? :D

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem with Mandrake 9 and exactly the same errors.
      The encoding worked on,ly once !
      And I have Mplayer/Mencoder installed (with sources) and in path.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've got perchaps an asnwer : maybe it doesn't work when it does not detect a codec on the system, but that it's selectionned in the encoding options.

• Nobody/Anonymous

well you can only select a codec IF it's installed, that;s the way the system works.

are these errors definitely being found under acidrip-0.6 with lsdvd very much installed?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      Anybody can tell me why acidrip is not working?
      Thanks
      Peter
      [piotr@localhost acidrip-0.10]$ perl Makefile.PL
      Checking for Gtk2.. ok
      Checking if your kit is complete...
      Looks good
      Writing Makefile for AcidRip

Running additional test to be sure acidrip will work
      test for lsdvd: found
      test for MPlayer: found
      test for MEncoder: found
      test for MP3 support in mencoder: Not Found!

MEncoder was found, however it does not have MP3 support built into it.
      If you DO want MP3 support you'll need to recompile mplayer with mp3 support
      See INSTALL or INSTALL.html for more information

[piotr@localhost acidrip-0.10]$ make
      cp AcidRip/signals.pm blib/lib/AcidRip/signals.pm
      cp AcidRip/interface.pm blib/lib/AcidRip/interface.pm
      cp AcidRip/acidrip.pm blib/lib/AcidRip/acidrip.pm
      cp acidrip blib/script/acidrip
      /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/acidrip
      Manifying blib/man1/acidrip.1
      [piotr@localhost acidrip-0.10]$ su -m
      [root@localhost acidrip-0.10]# make install
      Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/signals.pm
      Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/interface.pm
      Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm
      Installing /usr/share/man/man1/acidrip.1
      Installing /usr/bin/acidrip
      Writing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/AcidRip/.packlist
      Appending installation info to /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod
      [root@localhost acidrip-0.10]# exit
      exit
      [root@localhost acidrip-0.10]# acidrip
      Can't locate Glib.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/interface.pm line 2.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/interface.pm line 2.
      Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 8.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/AcidRip/acidrip.pm line 8.
      Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/acidrip line 14.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/acidrip line 14.
      [root@localhost acidrip-0.10]#   

• Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips - 2003-09-01

kinda helps if you instal glib-perl.... as far as i was aware gtk2-perl wouldn't install without it anyway... maybe i was wrong about that bit.. bit either way you need glib-perl.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks