lsdvd problems

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've installed acidrip 0.9 successfully but when I do ./configure for lsdvd I get this:

checking for DVDOpen in -ldvdread... no
    configure: error: libdvdread not found!

mplayer and dvdread are installed and working fine.

locate dvdread

Not sure why it won't work..

echo $PATH

• Nobody/Anonymous

got the same problem and can't find a solution.
      i am using a suse 8.2 sitribution with preinstalled libdvdread in /usr/lib
      edited /etc/ and included /usr/lib and executed ldconfig but no change

• Nobody/Anonymous

same problem here. Using Mandrake 9.2, libdvdread is properly installed.

• Nobody/Anonymous

same here also, but with RedHat 9, added /usr/lib to PATH and have libdvdread installed along with mplayer, but when i run ./configure for lsdvd it reports that it can't find libdvdread...

please help.....  someone?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I had the same problem installing on Fedora 3. I poked around in the configure script, and noticed that it was looking for a specific .h file. I started to think I would have to install from source.

After some more stumbling around, I did a yum install of libdvdread-devel from the DAG repository, and all was well!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I fixed this by manually editing the configure file. The correct fix is obviously in the rather than manually changing configure, but I don't understand autoconf/automake so I didn't go there :-)

Anyway, if you search through the configure file for two consecutive lines containing:
          #include <dvdread/ifo_read.h>
          #include <stdint.h>

Simply swap these two lines round, so that stdint.h is included before the dvdread headers.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks