I cannot get any remote stuff working with arb.
I get this message, if I use ACDK_ARB_INTERFACE(...)
/opt/acdk//bin/libcdk.so: undefined reference to `cdkx::naming::Context::GetProxy(RefHolder<acdk::lang::Object> const&)'
Please delete this macro, it is outdated (like also all the classes in acdkx::arb).
To generate static sceleton for a given interface you have to use the attribute
See for an example in tests_acdkx_orb_IdlMappingTest_h
You have to use acdkmc to create the corresponding *_metainf_base.cpp and
*_metainf_ext.cpp files, which contains the static CORBA sceletons.
You can also use dynamic invocation from the ACDK client using
the dyn_new(), dyn_invoke(), dyn_peek_static(), etc. methods from CorObject.
Please refer to AcdkObject_Test test case (for example AcdkObject_Test::sampleCode).
I've implemented also a second way to invoke remote objects.
Different to dyn_invoke() you can call CORBA object directly by
the interface method names and use type save arguments.
Therefore you have also to create DMI-Proxy (_dmiproxy.cpp) libraries
for the interface classes by using acdkmc -dmiproxy yourdir.
BTW: I found a bug in the CDRObjectReader which causes access to unitialized
memory. Because I've implemented a bound writing voilation detection in the
standard allocator of ACDK currently acdkx_orb writes ugly messages on
I've checked the fix for the bug and some new features in cvs repository (acdk_core and
Unfortunatelly I will have very less time in the next 2-3 weeks, because I stick
in another project where the deadline is very close.
I finally got some remote stuff working.
I haven't test dmi proxy yet, but it sounds like
a good thing.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.