Compiling ACDK

Help
2004-08-16
2004-08-18
  • Alex Fabijanic

Alex Fabijanic - 2004-08-16

I have a problem compiling ACDK on Windows: (I have tried 4.11.0 and 4.10.0) . Here's where the problem starts when I run acdk_all.vc6.compile.cmd :

msdev acdk_core.dsw /MAKE ALL
    --------------------Configuration: acdk_core - Win32 Release--------------------
    D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(63): Could not find the file Fields.h.
    D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(64): Could not find the file ScriptVar.h.
    D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\lang\sys\core_alloca.h(39): Could not find the file alloca.h.
    D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(34): Could not find the file semaphore.h.
    D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(70): Could not find the file gc.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\mem.h(28): Could not find the file rw/stddefs.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\pthread.h(24): Could not find the file /usr/include/pthread.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\stl\_config.h(816): Could not find the file isynonym.hpp.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stlcomp.h(102): Could not find the file config/stl_is.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_confix.h(38): Could not find the file mcompile.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_kai.h(56): Could not find the file standards.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_sgi.h(44): Could not find the file standards.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(141): Could not find the file sys/cdefs.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(147): Could not find the file sys/cdefs.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(187): Could not find the file stdexcept.stdh.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(15): Could not find the file CoreSwitches_AC.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(16): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros_AC.h.
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(17): Could not find the file Types_AC.h.

and so on ...
    ---

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you

Alex

• Roger Rene Kommer

Hi,

These message are not really error messages, but produced by the vc preprocessor while the compiler checkes the dependencies between source and headers.
      Because ACDK is used on multiple platforms, the dependency checker doesn't find linux, solaris, bsd related headers.

You can ignore these messages.

Roger

• Alex Fabijanic

Alex Fabijanic - 2004-08-17

Roger,

Thank you for quick reply. Most projects indeed do build, but I am wondering is there no way to #define something so all those errors are avoided? Even if I accept it as aside effect, it is still impossible to see what is going on during build.

And then, there are some projects that do not build, here's the list:
      java,perl,python,tcl,cfgscript

And here's the end of output from acdk_java build the (whole thing is too big to post):

D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\jniext.h(30): Could not find the file jni.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\acdk_java_AcdkObject.h(2): Could not find the file jni.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_semaphore.h(34): Could not find the file mach/task.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_semaphore.h(35): Could not find the file mach/semaphore.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(63): Could not find the file Fields.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(64): Could not find the file ScriptVar.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_alloca.h(39): Could not find the file alloca.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(34): Could not find the file semaphore.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(70): Could not find the file gc.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\mem.h(28): Could not find the file rw/stddefs.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\pthread.h(24): Could not find the file /usr/include/pthread.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\stl\_config.h(816): Could not find the file isynonym.hpp.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stlcomp.h(102): Could not find the file config/stl_is.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_confix.h(38): Could not find the file mcompile.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_kai.h(56): Could not find the file standards.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_sgi.h(44): Could not find the file standards.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(141): Could not find the file sys/cdefs.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(147): Could not find the file sys/cdefs.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_como.h(187): Could not find the file stdexcept.stdh.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(15): Could not find the file CoreSwitches_AC.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(16): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros_AC.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(17): Could not find the file Types_AC.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(21): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(25): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_mwerks.h(5): Could not find the file mslGlobals.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_mwerks.h(6): Could not find the file ansi_parms.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_solaris.h(3): Could not find the file sys/feature_tests.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\jniext.h(30): Could not find the file jni.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(63): Could not find the file Fields.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\sys.h(64): Could not find the file ScriptVar.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_alloca.h(39): Could not find the file alloca.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(34): Could not find the file semaphore.h.
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\include\acdk\lang\sys\core_threadsys.h(70): Could not find the file gc.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(21): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_apple.h(25): Could not find the file ConditionalMacros.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_mwerks.h(5): Could not find the file mslGlobals.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_mwerks.h(6): Could not find the file ansi_parms.h.
      C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\STLPORT\config\stl_solaris.h(3): Could not find the file sys/feature_tests.h.
      Compiling...
      acdk2java.cpp
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\jniext.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jni.h': No such file or directory
      acdk_java_AcdkObject.cpp
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\jniext.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jni.h': No such file or directory
      JavaInterpreter.cpp
      JavaObject.cpp
      JavaObject_clazzinfo.cpp
      jniext.cpp
      AWTEvent.cpp
      .\acdk/java/jniext.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jni.h': No such file or directory
      acdk_java_awt_event_AwtListener.cpp
      D:\Temp\acdk\acdk\acdk_java\src\acdk\java\awt\event\acdk_java_awt_event_AwtListener.h(2) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jni.h': No such file or directory
      ActionEvent.cpp
      .\acdk/java/jniext.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'jni.h': No such file or directory
      KeyEvent.cpp
      Generating Code...
      Error executing cl.exe.

acdk_java_r.dll - 10 error(s), 0 warning(s)

• Roger Rene Kommer

Hi,
      > Most projects indeed do build, but I am wondering is there no way to #define something so all those errors are avoided?
      Of course the #includes are guarded by #if defined(...) but the depency checker ignore this #if's

> java,perl,python,tcl,cfgscript
      cfgscript should compile out of the box, it doesn't rely on external libraries/header. Please report, what is going wrong with cfgscript.

To compile the java perl python and tcl modules you have to install first the corresponding language SDK's. These ACDK modules provides a scripting gate to these language and use their C-Interfaces. 'jni.h' for example is the header provided by the SDK to implement Java Objects in C (JavaNativeInterface).

Please refer to:
      http://acdk.sourceforge.net/acdk/modules/acdk_perl/docs/acdk_perl_dll_man.html
      http://acdk.sourceforge.net/acdk/modules/acdk_python/docs/acdk_python_man.html
      http://acdk.sourceforge.net/acdk/modules/acdk_java/docs/acdk_java_man_installation.html
      http://acdk.sourceforge.net/acdk/modules/acdk_tcl/docs/readme.html
      http://acdk.sourceforge.net/acdk/modules/acdk_wx/docs/acdk_wx_hb_installation.html

I guess, that in your local copy of 4.11 there is also an overview of depencies between the ACDK modules and external libraries:
      acdk\acdk_core\docs\packages_deps.html

Roger

• Alex Fabijanic

Alex Fabijanic - 2004-08-18

Roger,

I do have Java SDK and Python installed. Those things are not crucial for me at this point, though. As for cfgscript, acdk_cfgscript does build ok. acdkcfgscript project fails with following message:
      RC : fatal error RC1110 : could not open D:\CVSProjects\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\res\wx.rc
      So apparently, this has something to do with wx.

At this point, I am not concerned with the above mentioned problems. What I am trying to do at the moment is port the java servlet api to acdk and I was able to code and compile most of it, but when it comes to linking I have some errors that I can not figure out how to deal with (unresolved external symbols for vf and vbtable members). Would you be willing to take a look at the code and point me to the right direction?

If, so, how can I email it to you?

Is there anyone else interested in porting servlet API?

Thanks,

Alex

• Roger Rene Kommer

Hi,

> RC : fatal error RC1110 : could not open  c:\CVSProjects\acdk\acdk_core\src\acdk\res\wx.r
      > So apparently, this has something to do with wx.
      Strange, this file (acdk_core\src\acdk\res\wx.rc) should be in the repository.

For the servlet stuff, please refer to the other posting.
      Roger

• Alex Fabijanic

Alex Fabijanic - 2004-08-18

>Strange, this file (acdk_core\src\acdk\res\wx.rc) should be in the repository.

I do not even have the directory (acdk_core\src\acdk\res).

However, I do have

acdk\acdk_wx\src\acdk\res\wx.rc

would that possibly be the problem?

Alex