Please, report any displays that work here

Help
2005-01-23
2013-04-15
  • Pavel Gurevich

Pavel Gurevich - 2005-01-23

Hi, all!

If you were able to run this program with your monitor, please report here the result of

acdcontrol --detect <your device>

so that I'll be able to add this to the database.

• Henry A. Leinhos

/dev/usb/hiddev0: USB Monitor - SUPPORTED.      Vendor= 0x5ac (Apple), Product=0x9215[Apple Studio Display 15"]

• David Gay

David Gay - 2005-03-01

./acdcontrol --detect /.dev/usb/hiddev0
      Apple Cinema and Studio Display Control Program. Please, use --about switch to learn more
      hiddev driver version is 1.0.4
      /.dev/usb/hiddev0: USB Monitor - SUPPORTED.     Vendor= 0x5ac (Apple), Product=0x921d[Apple Cinema Display 20" (new)]

• Henry A. Leinhos

I also have an Apple 17-inch CRT Studio Display with a usb hub in it (ADC connector, flat screen CRT).

./acdcontrol -d /dev/usb/hiddev0
      Apple Cinema and Studio Display Control Program. Please, use --about switch to learn more
      /dev/usb/hiddev0: USB Monitor - UNSUPPORTED.    Vendor= 0x5ac (Apple), Product=0x9213

I tried adding 0x9213 as a supported monitor type, but I get the following error:

./acdcontrol /dev/usb/hiddev0 255
      Usage failed!: Invalid argument

• Pavel Gurevich

Pavel Gurevich - 2005-07-02

Sorry for a delay with answer. It looks like this model doesn't support brightness control in a manner I do in this small control program, although it sounds strange Apple would have implemented 2 different protocols in their displays.

If you solve the problem, I'd be glad to know the know-how ;)

--
        Pavel.

• Noah

Noah - 2005-10-24

./acdcontrol -d /dev/usb/hiddev0
      /dev/usb/hiddev0: USB Monitor - SUPPORTED.      Vendor= 0x5ac (Apple), Product=0x9218[Apple Cinema Display 23" (old)]

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks