PiedPiper - 2009-11-25

Hi All,

I'm having some problems with AAFs modified with the EditModify function, see below…

I am exporting an AAF From Avid MediaComposer, loading it into our application, modifying some of the clips in the AAF, and then opening the source AAF with EditModify and changing the master Mobs to point to new versions for each of the clips.  I can then load this AAF back into Avid and the sequence comes up with all the new clips correctly.
(so far so good)

BUT, if i try and load the modified AAF into the same project as the original source AAF, the new AAF loads all the original material, and behaves as though i have never made any changes to the AAF at all?
I have somewhat mitigated this problem by doing a "duplicate" operation on the Original AAF, prior to exporting which results in me getting a composition with a different composition ID that the original AAF, however when i load the two different AAF's into the same AVID Bin one always takes precedence, and i cannot view the two different sequences simultaneously.

I am at a bit of a loss to explain this and i hope someone can shed some light on why this is happening?
The AAF's have different but similar compositions - each with it's own unique UUID, and in each composition the material that is linked to is different too?  Do i need to do some kind of versioning to indicate one file is a descendent of the other file?

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

James