John Emmas - 2006-02-14

This morning I needed to rebuild my Debug version of AAFCOAPI.DLL (Windows platform). When compiling the Impl branch, I kept getting errors telling me that VC60.pdb was not the same program database that was used when the pre-compiled header file was built.

I re-built the pre-compiled header - but now, when I get to the Comapi branch, I get the following 5 linker errors:-

uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in Impl.lib(ImplAAFContext.obj)
msvcrtd.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIHPBDH@Z) already defined in uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj)
uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : warning LNK4006: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in Impl.lib(ImplAAFContext.obj); second definition ignored
msvcrtd.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : warning LNK4006: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIHPBDH@Z) already defined in uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj); second definition ignored
   Creating library ../../Debug/RefImpl/AAFCOAPI.lib and object ../../Debug/RefImpl/AAFCOAPI.exp
uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___wargv
uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc

I know I've seen these errors before (a long time ago) but I can't remember what I did to get rid of them. Does anyone know what I need to do now to link the project correctly?