AAF compiling error in opensuse 11.2

Help
Sven
2010-06-17
2013-04-29
  • Sven

Sven - 2010-06-17

Hi,

I would like to install the 'AAF-src-1.1.3' - SDK in opensuse 11.2 (64 bit), but when I start compiling the following error appears:

make install
    build/pdefs-i586Linux.mk:111: *** Required library libuuid.a not found - install e2fsprogs-devel .rpm or uuid-dev .deb.  Schluss.

'e2fsprogs-devel' seems not to build the required lib. Only compiling the 'util-linux-ng-2.16' package will generate the static library 'libuuid.a'. After copying 'libuuid.a' to '/usr/lib64' the error message disappears.
    But after a short time another error message appears:

make install
    make: Leaving directory `/home/ingex/AAFtoolkit/AAF-src-1.1.3/ref-impl/aaflib'
    make: Entering directory `/home/ingex/AAFtoolkit/AAF-src-1.1.3/ref-impl/aaflib'
    g++ -c -g -Wall -Wundef -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Werror -D_DEBUG -DOM_DEBUG -DOM_STACK_TRACE_ON_ASSERT  -fsigned-char -DOM_USE_SCHEMASOFT_SS -DOM_STRUCTURED_STORAGE  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -fPIC -I../include/ref-api -I../include aaflib.cpp -o ../../AAFx86_64LinuxSDK/g++/aaflib/debug/aaflib.o
    g++ -c -g -Wall -Wundef -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Werror -D_DEBUG -DOM_DEBUG -DOM_STACK_TRACE_ON_ASSERT  -fsigned-char -DOM_USE_SCHEMASOFT_SS -DOM_STRUCTURED_STORAGE  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -fPIC -I../include/ref-api -I../include aaflibsgi.cpp -o ../../AAFx86_64LinuxSDK/g++/aaflib/debug/aaflibsgi.o
    aaflibsgi.cpp: In function ‘bool AAFIsValidFile(const char*)’:
    aaflibsgi.cpp:62: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
    make: ***  Fehler 1
    make: Leaving directory `/home/ingex/AAFtoolkit/AAF-src-1.1.3/ref-impl/aaflib'
    make: ***  Fehler 2
    make: Leaving directory `/home/ingex/AAFtoolkit/AAF-src-1.1.3/ref-impl'
    make: ***  Fehler 2

Regards,
    Sven

• Stuart Cunningham

Hi Sven,

I don't have an openSUSE 11.2 system to hand at the moment, but I suspect the second problem (aaflibsgi.cpp) is due to using a more recent version of gcc than the SDK developers used for the V1.1.3 release.  In the meantime, try the following change to line 62 of aaflibsgi.cpp
      const char *pExt = strrchr(name, '.');

There may be more errors like this under openSUSE 11.2, so until the head of the CVS tree is tested on openSUSE 11.2 and updated as necessary, your most reliable path will be to build on one of the supported platforms listed in the release notes for version 1.1.3.

Regards,
    Stuart

• Sven

Sven - 2010-06-22

Hi Stuart,

that's all what have to be done. The rest of the make process is running without any error messages.
    Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Sven