110 lines (93 with data), 4.7 kB
Mon Jul 31, 2000
Version 0.1.146 released to the public. Hope you like it.
Tue Aug 1, 2000
Version 0.1.147 released.
-Turned down the ambient lighting...should have done that before release.
-removed /usr/lib/libpthread.a from the link line in the makefile
-updated the README to tell you what to install. I've always been a fan of
install it yourself, so you know what gets installed. Not that I'm a control freak.
Mon Aug 14, 2000
-fixed the -lpthread makefile problem.
-added a #define for the copyright.
Thu Aug 31, 2000
- added the find_rotation_mat which does the calculations for rotating
about an arbitrary axis "by hand" so that the calculation thread
has no OpenGL calls in it.
- updated view.c to use find_rotation_mat instead of OpenGL calls.
Fri Sep 1, 2000
- updated gen_rand_uv to use find_rotation_mat instead of OpenGL calls.
Sat Sep 9, 2000
- changed main.c, torpedo.c, and display.c.
main.c: Renamed tracer_flag to draw_tracer_flag. Added tracer_light_flag.
torpedo.c: removed the gl_enable(GL_LIGHT2) from fire_torpedo
removed the gl_disable(GL_LIGHT2) from process_torpedo
display.c: added a check for tracer_light_flag in display to turn on
and off the tracer light.
These changes were made to remove the last OpenGL calls from the calculation
Tue Sep 12, 2000
- changed texture.c and sun.c
texture.c: added code to turn nebula billboards to rgba and alpha blend them
sun.c: changed the glTexEnvi to GL_REPLACE so the rgba nebulas would display
Fri Sep 15, 2000
- changed main.c and display.c
main.c: added windowx and windowy to track the window size. Added
code in the reshape() function to respond to a change.
change various mouse functions to use windowx and windowy.
windowx and windowy are set by #define WINDOWX and WINDOWY.
display.c: also changed code in the draw_mouse() function to use
windowx and windowy. Changed draw_expl_winshield_particles()
so that shield damage is done when the ship runs through
Fri Sep 22, 2000
- changed main.c
main.c: began to separate my variables into internal flags and user preferences
to move toward a .a3drc file. Added a command line -geom option to
let users select the window geometry. I recommend you stick with square.
Fri Sep 22, 2000
- changed Makefile and added rcfile.c
Makefile: now includes rcfile.c
rcfile.c will be used to build code that will read user preferences from
a $HOME/.a3drc file.
Tue Oct 10, 2000
Numerous changes have been made on the way to releasing 0.2.0. Almost
every file has been touched by this revision.
- The command line -geom option has been replaced by a -geometry option
which will allow the window width, height, and position to be set.
- A bug in how asteroids were deleted from the linked list which causes
a crash was fixed.
- Virtually all the changes listed below are for easily supporting a .a3drc
file and easily adding keyboard and user options later on.
- keyboard_handler() has been moved to its own file, keyb.c and the keyboard
mapping itself has been placed in a struct.
- User changable options have been moved to their own structure.
- A command line option called -freshrc has been added so that a "standard"
.a3drc file can be printed by the program so users can capture it and
modify it to their liking.
- A command line option called -rcfile has been added to allow users to
specify a file other than $HOME/.a3drc as their .a3drc.
- The options keys are now toggles, so pressing a key once will change an
option, pressing the same key a second time will change it back.
- The options toggle keys have been remapped to be consistantly at the top
of the keyboard ( of course, soon you'll be able to put them where you like ).
- The keyboard rotation controls are now more smooth and behave in a
proportional manner, so that the longer you hold down a key, the faster
the ship will rotatate.
- The README file was updated.
Thu Oct 26, 2000
- Added a plasma effect for the torpedo.
Fri Oct 27, 2000
- added a sound ( and a bit of code ) for the torpedo
Sat Oct 28, 2000
- added the shield sound. I'm going to work on improving the sound code.
- added a tools subdirectory for little programs which I use to help me out.
Thu Nov 2, 2000
- added the contrib directory (finally). Check it out!
- finished the keymap adjustments.
Wed Nov 8, 2000
- updated the targeting graphics and algorithm. Should be much more accurate.
Sat Nov 11, 2000
- more updates to the targetting graphics and algorithm. See the README.
- made it a bit easier to manually target an asteroid with the center