Menu

Unable to download latest

Anonymous
2009-07-07
2012-11-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-07-07

Hi,

I'm unable to download the latest (as well as the latest plugin files) ... error is:
    The "npp.5.4.4.bin" file could not be found. Please select another file

Have tried a number of the other files and still no luck ... help would be so appreciated. 

Also, I originally came to the site to find out how to install pluggins into Notepad++ ... can you give me a clue? Thanks

• cchris

cchris - 2009-07-07

Using the 5.4.4 section from "All files", below "Latest", does work. SF has a big issue with the relase system after the switch to the new UI.

The general procedure to install a plugin (see http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=Plugin_Central ) is: copy dll into the Plugins subfolder of the installation folder, any config file to Plugins\Config, any docs to Plugins\Docs. Restart Notepad++. Should work.

What the installation folder is depends on the option you chose on installing. If you use %APPDATA%, it is a Notepad++ folder buried somewhere in Documents and Settings. Otherwise it is the folder Notepad++.exe is in.

If the plugin comes with explicit instructions, they override this general procedure.

CChris

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-07-07

CChris, thank you! Also, I was unable to download using Firefox. When I tried using IE just now I had no problem.  Will now give the plugin installs a try - thanks again!