Menu

Running SimpleScript from keyboard?

2009-06-05
2012-11-13
  • Andy Fielding

Andy Fielding - 2009-06-05

The SimpleScript plugin looks excellent. My question is, once you've created a script, is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to it? Or must you open the Plugins menu and SimpleScript submenu each time?

For example, I've written a script to replace all double spaces with single spaces. But if I have to use menus like that each time I want to run the script, I may as well use Find/Replace—which, at least, I can do without taking my hands off the keyboard.

BTW, I haven't tried recording a macro to run SimpleScript—that'd seem perverse.  :?D

Thanks, ander

• cchris

cchris - 2009-06-05

If the script appears as a menu command, you can put it on your context menu, which should help. And it should appear on the Shortcut mapper.

Otherwise... no, macros won't work with plugin commands.

But a plugin is a dll. If you can devise how to launch the script using rundll32.exe, then you can assign that command line to a Run command. Even more perverse, but might work. You'll need the plugin source to figure out the C name of the function that runs the script. Or a dll analyser.

CChris
      PS: I don't have SimpleScript because I believe it is ANSI only.

• Andy Fielding

Andy Fielding - 2009-06-19

Okay, thanks. As it turned out, I decided to write a system-tray app that monitors the Clipboard and automatically applies various formatting preferences to copied text. So I think I won this particular "perversity" (i.e. geekiness) contest.  :?D