Menu

"Error creating python process"

denyo
2009-05-31
2013-03-15
  • denyo

denyo - 2009-05-31

Hi

Everytime I am trying to type module.method(like os.path) Eclipse started giving me this error which I did not have prior to latest update (2793). Here is the error
    I also have trial version of Pydev Extensions

Error creating python process - exited before creating sockets - exitValue = (2)(Name:
    Python26:EndName:Version2.6Executable:E:\Python26\python.exe|E:\Python26|E:
    \Python26\DLLs|E:\Python26\Lib|E:\Python26\Lib\lib-tk|E:\Python26\Lib\site-
    packages|E:\Python26\Scripts|E:\Python26\lib\plat-win|E:\Python26\lib\site-
    packages\PIL|E:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin|E:\Python26\lib\site-
    packages\gtk-2.0|E:\Python26\lib\site-packages\mp3play-0.1.15-py2.6.egg|E:
    \Python26\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg|E:\Python26\lib\site-
    packages\win32|E:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32\lib|E:\Python26\lib\site-
    packages\wx-2.8-msw-
    unicode@$|OpenGL|__builtin__|__main__|_ast|_bisect|_bytesio|_codecs|_codecs_cn|
    _codecs_hk|_codecs_iso2022|_codecs_jp|_codecs_kr|_codecs_tw|_collections|_csv|_fi
    leio|_functools|_heapq|_hotshot|_json|_locale|_lsprof|_md5|_multibytecodec|_random
    |_sha|_sha256|_sha512|_sre|_struct|_subprocess|_symtable|_warnings|_weakref|_wi
    nreg|array|audioop|binascii|cPickle|cStringIO|cmath|datetime|email|errno|exceptions|f
    uture_builtins|gc|imageop|imp|itertools|marshal|math|mmap|msvcrt|nt|operator|os|os.
    path|parser|signal|strop|sys|thread|time|wx|wxPython|xxsubtype|zipimport|zlib "E:
    \Eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_1.4.6.2793\PySrc\pycompletionserver.py" 3473
    3474) - os:Windows XP
    At: at org.python.pydev.editor.codecompletion.shell.AbstractShell.startIt
    (AbstractShell.java:384)

• denyo

denyo - 2009-06-01

I just wasted 4 hours while trying to resolve this issue. I uninstalled, installed tried alot of things but this is not getting resolved. This is seriously so irritating. Does anyone know any solution?  It is also so distracting while trying to code.

If I cannot solve this one I guess I will just jump to NetBeans.

thanks

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-06-01

What happens when you execute: E:\Python26\python.exe "E:\Eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_1.4.6.2793\PySrc\pycompletionserver.py" 3473  3474

from the command line?

Cheers,

Fabio

• denyo

denyo - 2009-06-01

Fabio,

This is from cmd

E:\Documents and Settings\masaustu>E:\Python26\python.exe "E:\Eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_1.4.6.2793\PySrc\pycomple
        tionserver.py" 3473  3474
        pycompletionserver will start
        pycompletionserver creating socket
        pycompletionserver waiting for connection

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-06-02

Seems Ok. I'm actually in the middle of some things, so, the problem can lie in the nightly build... As I pointed in the other post, please try to get the latest stable release and see if it works with it.

Cheers,

Fabio

• denyo

denyo - 2009-06-02

Hi

I actually tried 1.4.6.2790 as well. I will try 1.4.6.2788 this time

• denyo

denyo - 2009-06-02

Hi

I am back to 88, it seems to work ok. I have not tested everything but better than what I was having before. Btw What is the right method to update zip versions? I have installed it via zip download. Would it interfere with update site?

thanks

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-06-02

To install with the .zip you have to decompress it in the dropins folder or so that the /plugins /features are over the eclipse/plugins and eclipse/features folders. It shouldn't interfere with the update site.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-06-01

Actually, it seems you're using the nightly build... Can you get the latest stable release version (1.4.6.2788) and use it?

Cheers,

Fabio

• zodman

zodman - 2009-06-05

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\eclipse\plugins\org.python.py
      dev_1.4.6.2793\PySrc>python pycompletion.py 3473 3474
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "pycompletion.py", line 33, in <module>
          print GetImports(mod_name)
        File "pycompletion.py", line 26, in GetImports
          pycompletionserver.dbg('Received error: ' + str(err), ERROR)
      NameError: global name 'ERROR' is not defined

i have the error here

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-06-09

Just fixed that (svn: 2795).

Cheers,

Fabio