Menu

Disabling zooming.

2009-04-17
2012-11-13
  • Jocelyn Legault

Jocelyn Legault - 2009-04-17

I sent this to the mailing list but there does not seem to be any kind of activity over there, so I'm reposting on the forum (btw, why are the 2 not the same??)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Hello.

I find myself frequently wheel scrolling while I still have the Ctrl key pressed from a previous operation, resulting in zooming in / out in the text, which is rather annoying.
    I've looked around in the menus and online, and I've not found anything to disable this feature.

Is there a way to actually do this? If not, that would be quite appreciated in a future release.

thanks,

joce.

• Jocelyn Legault

Jocelyn Legault - 2009-05-11

FYI, fix is done.
      I'm waiting for aathell to fix the git depot so I can submit a patch.

• Michael A. Puls II

I'm having the same problem. Quite annoying.

• Jocelyn Legault

Jocelyn Legault - 2009-05-01

I've just created an actual feature request for such a feature:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=612385&aid=2785319&group_id=95717

+1 it if you'd like to see that happening soon!

thanks

joce.

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-05-01

+1 for the feature, -1 for happening soon.

Why the -1?  It is a Scintilla function, and in order to have it be disabled from Notepad++ it needs to have a method to do so, or N++ needs to fork Scintilla.  Forking won't be happening for that, so that means Scintilla has to make a change.

If you have it in you to write a patch; I'd vote for it on the Google Scintilla Interest Group.

almostautomated

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-05-01

request updated:  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2785319&group_id=95717&atid=612385

If someone wants to pitch in with a patch to submit to Scintilla....

• Jocelyn Legault

Jocelyn Legault - 2009-05-02

I'm game...

I'll have a look at this over the week end.