Menu

Exception exceptions.SystemError: 'error retu

mike
2009-04-27
2013-03-15
  • mike

mike - 2009-04-27

While running my project in Eclipse using Pydev plugins (org.python.pydev.feature-1.4.5.2727.zip) and (org.python.pydev.extensions-1.4.5.2727.zip)
    I get a gazillion of these error messages output to the console.
    Exception exceptions.SystemError: 'error return without exception set' in <generator object at 0x0171DDC8> ignored

So many of these lines of output that it literally slows down execution and makes it very difficult to see my own debugging texts which are printed (by me) to the console.
    I am running Eclipse 4.3.2 on Windows XP with the aforementioned pydev plugins.

Is there any remedy to this problem? I find several posts via google about this problem but none offer any solution. I poked around but didn't find any posts in the sourceforge forum.

Thanks in advance
    Mike

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-04-28

This was a Python bug, but it should be fixed from Python 2.5 or 2.6 -- not really sure which one -- onwards (so, which Python version are you using?)

Cheers,

Fabio

• mike

mike - 2009-04-28

Hi Fabio,
        Just want to say that I appreciate the attention that you give to this forum.
        To answer your question, I am using Python 2.5.

I'll give 2.6 a try and will post my findings here.

Regards,
        Mike

• mike

mike - 2009-04-28

Fabio,
      I did what you suggested, I moved to Python 2.6. it appears that moving to Python 2.6 quieted down the output to the console.
      I ran into some other problems (my application has some dependencies on Pythonic 2.5 precompiled libraries) ....so I've not yet run 100% on 2.6. Despite that, I still don't think that we're going to run into any more of this issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
      Mike