Menu

change "highlight" bar

2009-04-22
2012-11-13
  • Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson - 2009-04-22

I have not been able to find any information on the bar that appears next to lines of text when they are altered. Perhaps I can get used to it, but for right now it is disconcerting to see such highlighting stay on the page after saving changes. The only way I have been able to get rid of the bars is to close the file and reopen it. I hope there is a setting that can be change to affect the operation of this feature. Any information would be appreciated.

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-04-26

If you can hold out for just a little while longer all will be better.

If not, either update to the latest build or go to the Preferences -> Styler Configurator -> Global Styles and change the saved and unsaved colors to match your background colors.

• Avner Ginsburg

Avner Ginsburg - 2009-04-26

Saved and Unsaved colors! Thanks! I actually looked there, but didn't know what I was looking for.

That's good enough for me!

Cheers,
        Av

• cchris

cchris - 2009-04-23

Settings -> Preferences  -> Edit Components. In the lower left corner, look for the "Display line change state margin" checkbox.

CChris

• Avner Ginsburg

Avner Ginsburg - 2009-04-25

When I unselect that box, all the lines that have been changed get highlighted with a horrible green background. Instead of just having that column bar disappearing. I am using a user-defined language thing by the way. Is this a bug?

Cheers,
      Av