Menu

Problems in Install How to Recover

Lin Parkh
2009-04-16
2013-03-15
  • Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

OK so I was on version 1.44 and wanted to go to 1.45. Eclipse kept failing to find the repository at the url recommended on the Pydev site. So then I tried putting in the nightly builds. That just got me into more trouble. I now get errors when I open like "an internal error occurred during: AnalysisBuilderTHread..."
    I think I've messed up my pydev installation pretty well :-(
    What is the best way for me to cleanup and start afresh? 
    Thanks

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

Ideally I would like to not lose my preferences.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-04-16

Did you update both? (Pydev and Pydev extensions?)

What's the full log?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

yes I tried to update both.. when I run update on pydev 1.4.6.2730 I get ' cannot complete the request....unsatisfied depenency [com.python.pydev.extensions.feature.group.1.4.6.2730]requiredCapability org,eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org/python/pydev/[1.4.6.2730,2.0.0)

Should I try to update 'eclipse project'?  reluctant to get myself into yet more trouble. I never messed with however eclipse set up it's updating and I generally just press 'update'....
      My eclipse sdk is version 3.4.2.M20090211-1700
      Is there some further log somewhere I should get for you?
      THanks!

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

yes I tried to update both.. when I run update on pydev 1.4.6.2730 I get ' cannot complete the request....unsatisfied depenency [com.python.pydev.extensions.feature.group.1.4.6.2730]requiredCapability org,eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org/python/pydev/[1.4.6.2730,2.0.0)

Should I try to update 'eclipse project'?  reluctant to get myself into yet more trouble. I never messed with however eclipse set up it's updating and I generally just press 'update'....
      My eclipse sdk is version 3.4.2.M20090211-1700
      Is there some further log somewhere I should get for you?
      THanks!

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

The internal error problems persist even after I reverted to 1.43 (figured out how to do that in eclipse) and then did update automatically to 1.4.5 :-(

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-16

Actually 1.4.5 update is still failing (See other thread). so only got to 1.4.4

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-04-16

I'm not really sure why that's happening to you... I'd try to remove all the org.python.pydev.* and com.python.pydev.* plugins (and features), restart with -clean then get the .zip files and extract the .zip files in the dropins folder.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-17

how do i restart in windows with "-clean" ? Add as an argument in an eclipse shortcut? or do you just mean go in and manually remove all the files you identified.
        In other words is 'clean' a parameter.. if so how do I use in windows?
        Thanks,
        Lin
      p.s. still getting the won't install 1.4.5 pydev extensions that people are seeing in other thread. Can do to open source but not the extensions.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-04-17

A secondary mirror was created for pydev extensions:

http://pydev-pro.aptana.com/1.4.5/site.xml

Please see if that works for you.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Lin Parkh

Lin Parkh - 2009-04-17

I am happy to say the new update fixed 2 problems. Both I could download, and getting extensions to 1.4.5 fixed my interal errors problems reported in a different thread :-)