Menu

"Terminate Failed"

2009-04-11
2013-03-15
  • atthecorner

atthecorner - 2009-04-11

When Launching pydev in debug perspective, pydev irregularly concludes prematurely with the message:

'Launching <module name>' has encountered a problem.

Terminate failed.

If I relaunch, one perhaps two times, the debug session will actually start. Have any idea what might be causing this,? And how I might get around it.
    -m

• atthecorner

atthecorner - 2009-04-11

Other bits.
      1. The problem shows up after I have made a chnage to the code. If I simply run the code again, it starts without failing.
      2. In the lower right corner of the eclipse window, the completion status percentage seems gets as far as 63% and stops for a while, and then either fails or completes.

• atthecorner

atthecorner - 2009-04-11

An perhaps another clue... In the Progress window I see: Launching: Waiting for connection...

What Connection?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-04-12

Do you have something in your error log when that happens? Have you tried raising the connect timeout? (in window > preferences > pydev > debug)

Cheers,

Fabio

• atthecorner

atthecorner - 2009-04-13

Defragmenting my disk solved the problem. I'm not sure why. Obviously, something needs disk space, perhaps the pager, and it ( whatever "it" is ) takes a while, more than the connect timeout, to compose the space necessary.

Thanks anyway for the useful pointer. I have yet to explore that menu. I'm sure I'll use it at some point.

-m