improvement functionality of notepad++

dimanisu
2009-03-20
2012-11-13
  • dimanisu

dimanisu - 2009-03-20

Hello
    I’m programming in C and C++, and I would like to know following questions:

1.    Is it possible to add the collapse / slideout  panel to the editor in which all employed variables in this file could be displayed? What about if such  variable has a  comment text like «//»,  is it necessary to display  the comment text in a separate field? And when variable is selected in this panel, is it necessary to set a bookmark everywhere  this variable is found in the file?
    2.    Is it possible to set a  color for the macroexpansion name? In other words, if color could be set for such a construction: #define NAME 1 in notepad++ (field – PREPROCESSOR in a “Style definition” tag), so is it possible to set a color for the NAME? May be it is possible to add an option permit/ inhibit of NAME light in a program text by a color which is determined in a field PREPROCESSOR.  I don’t use a regex!!!
    3.    Is it possible to add a color choosing  capability for the functions i.e. if there is a  function name  in a program text, is it possible to set a color to name?
    4.    Is it possible to realize the same stuff like in 1st paragraph, but for the functions :)
    5.    Is it possible to set a color for the element structure level  i.e. if there is  a such  note

Struct1.member1.member2.member3 
    Or
    Struct1->member1->member2->member3
    ( well, you see )
    I’d like to  set a color for the Struct1, member1, …, member10. ( 10 levels are max).

In my opinion, such innovations will extend program facilities dramatically.

Thank you. With best regards.

Russian text:

Здравствуйте!
    Я программирую на C и C++ и хотел бы узнать следующее:
    1. Возможно ли добавить в редактор скрываемую/выдвигаемую панель, на которой отображались бы все переменные, которые используются в данном файле? А если у данной переменной еще и имеется комментарий «//», то отображать также и комментарий в отдельном поле. И при выборе такой переменной в этой панели, выставлялись бы закладки везде, где эта переменная встречается в данном файле.
    2. Возможно ли задавать цвет для  имени макроподстановки? Т.е. если для такой конструкции: #define NAME 1 в notepad++ можно задать цвет (поле – PREPROCESSOR во вкладке «Определение стилей»), то можно ли добавить возможность задавать цвет для NAME. Или добавить опцию разрешения/запрещения подсветки NAME в тексте программы тем цветом, который определен в поле   PREPROCESSOR (смотри выше). Я не пользуюсь regex!!!
    3. Возможно ли добавить возможность выбора цвета для функций. Т.е. если в тексте программы встречается имя функции – то подсвечивать ее своим цветом.
    4. Тоже, что и п.1, но только для функций :)
    5. Возможно ли задавать цвет уровней элементов структуры. Т.е. если есть такая запись

Struct1.member1.member2.member3 
    или
    Struct1->member1->member2->member3  (ну вы поняли)

то задавать свой цвет для Struct1, member1, …, member10. (max 10 уровней)

Мне кажется, что эти нововведения значительно бы расширили функциональность программы.

• Airdrik

Airdrik - 2009-03-20

Short answer to most of these is that NP++ is just a code editor, not an IDE.  It does very little introspection into the files that it displays for you to use, and really only supports syntax highlighting and limited autocompletion.  There is also a plugin which lists the functions in the current document, but that's about as fancy as it gets (the current set of 3rd party plugins are managed on the Notepad++ plugins project, also here at sourceforge). 

If you are willing to contribute, I would redirect your attention to the Scintilla project which is the editor component used in NP++ where these enhancements could be implemented.