Plugin Settings

Daniel
2009-03-09
2012-11-13
  • Daniel

Daniel - 2009-03-09

Hello

Where are the plugin settings saved?

Because I'm using Windows 7 and notepad++ crashes when I move a plugin window.  So for the FTP plugin on notepad++, I want it to be on the left.  I can't move it because notepad++ crashes.  There must be another way to set it.  The preferences for each plugin must be saved somewhere?

Thank you

• Daniel

Daniel - 2009-03-13

That's where they are! C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\config

But no settings on where the window is...strange.

• Allen Zhu

Allen Zhu - 2009-03-10

I don't know about you, but I hate the FTP plugin which always has problems and crashes.

Anyways, version please.

Reminding you that Windows 7 is always unsupported, even on Mines...

• Greg

Greg - 2009-03-10

The area set aside for the plugin settings files is \plugins\Config. Remember, plugins are developed by other volunteers. They decide how settings are stored. The N++ program provides an area for the plugins in the installation setup.

• Daniel

Daniel - 2009-03-10

No I like it, it never crashed for me.  And working directly online is so better.

Anyway, it's the default version 0.9.6.1 .  I know Windows 7 isn't supported which is why I asked for the config storage.

Greg: So if the only folder I have is for tidy, the developer puts the config elsewhere?

Does anyone know where?

• Greg

Greg - 2009-03-10

Daniel wrote:
        <quote>
        So if the only folder I have is for tidy, the developer puts the config elsewhere?
        <end-quote>

That would be my assumption. Look in the registry or <profile> App Data???