Menu

update problem

Black_Ps`
2009-03-10
2012-11-13
  • Black_Ps`

Black_Ps` - 2009-03-10

when you are trying to update from program it will tell you that there is no new update,i`m using npp.5.2 and in the update file <?php
    $lastestVersion = 4.5;
    $lastestVersionStr = "4.5";
    $DLURL = "http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=95717&filename=npp.4.5.Installer.exe";
    $curentVersion = $_GET["version"]; i think there is a bug in the updater,can you please check it out

thanks

• Allen Zhu

Allen Zhu - 2009-03-11

There's no bug...

Don just doesn't update the script that often.

It's always better to download the .exe file from:

notepad-plus.sf.net.

Allen

• Lawrence Johnson

I saw something similar.  I was using 5.5.1.  FileHippo had been telling me there was an update for a long time.  Unfortunately, FileHippo had been telling me incorrectly that 5.5 was an update to 5.5.1.   Now it was reporting that a version 5.6 was available.

I tried the update check which said that no update was available.  So, I went to the NPP site and found there was a version 5.6.1 available for download.  I downloaded and installed with no problem.

Its not a serious problem, but I'll watch closely the next time that a new version becomes available to see if the NPP update check fails to report the new version.

• cchris

cchris - 2009-12-06

The updater delays its notifying by design. This allows for a fast corrective release to take place should a serious bug be spotted, before the new version with a bad bug gets massively downloaded. People living on the edge won't care - this is open source, right?

CChris