Menu

Compile errors for dynamically assigned vbls

Frank
2009-02-26
2013-03-15
  • Frank

Frank - 2009-02-26

Hello, I get compile errors on dynamically assigned variables.  For example:

foo.__dict__  <-- the compile error is on __dict__

Is there anything that can be done about this, or should I just live with the compile errors?

Thanks,
    Frank

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-02-26

You get these errors from PyLint or Pydev Extensions?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Frank

Frank - 2009-02-27

I'm pretty sure Pydev, because I don't know what PyLint is.  However, I know I installed Pydev.

Frank

• Frank

Frank - 2009-03-02

I am disappointed in pydev... in how it works, and it's support.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-03-02

Sorry to hear that...  (too much to do too little time to get back -- I do try to get most things, but sometimes things just get lost in my mailbox).

BTW: That's a bug in Pydev Extensions... so, if you still want you can report it as a bug: http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how_do_i_report_a_bug

Cheers,

Fabio

• Frank

Frank - 2009-03-03

Well Thank you.  I understand that you're busy.  I think I had the impression that pydev was further along that it is.  I attemped using Wing IDE and as someone who is used to using Eclipse, I was disappointed in Wing.  I tried pydev, and found that the debugger worked better than Wing.  Because it worked so well, I had the impression that pydev was more mature.  I am looking forward to using pydev once it is more stable.  Thanks, and I apologize for the rant.