Menu

Load langs.xml failed!

Whatty
2009-02-03
2012-11-13
  • Whatty

Whatty - 2009-02-03

Good afternoon,

I just installed the latest version using the no %APPDATA% option and the installer and when I click on a file I get the message "Load langs.xml failed!", followed by a "Do you wish to recover your config.xml", followed by a recover "config.xml failed", followed by a "load styles.xml failed" etc etc.

However, when I right-click the file and click "Edit with Notepad++" using the file explorer integration feature, I do not get these messages.

I think it may be related to the no %APPDATA% option and not knowing where my configuration files are when I click on the file directly but that is only a guess.

Anyone else seen this behavior.

Whatty

• Whatty

Whatty - 2009-02-04

That was exactly it, I did not see the link to the notepad++ replacement download package and replaced it with the regulare notepad++

Thanks for the assistance.

Whatty

• Harry

Harry - 2009-02-03

You probably have notepad++ somewhere on your harddisk two times. One works fine (context menu) the other doesnt (its probably the executable without anything else)
      Best bet is to remove the Notepad++ associations and add them again, by running the context menu version first.

• Whatty

Whatty - 2009-02-03

Thanks.

Interesting, I used the published Notepad replacement instructions, effectively replacing the SYSTEM notepad with NOTEPAD++, which is most likely causing the problems.

Anyone else seen this behavior with the system notepad replacement option and know a workaround (i.e. putting the NOTEPAD++ installation path in the system %path% variable).

Whatty

• Harry

Harry - 2009-02-03

you probably wound up replacing notepad.exe with a copy of notepad++.exe, which shouldnt be the case. The launcher is a separate executable, which in turn launches the real notepad++.
      See if you can replace the current notepad with the launcher and have it run notepad++ from the proper directory.