Menu

What happened to the hebrew characters

Nbd
2009-01-12
2012-11-13
  • Nbd

Nbd - 2009-01-12

Hello,

I moved from Notepad ++ v5.0.3 on XP to v5.1.4 (Unicode) on new computer with Vista home

All the files with hebrew characters were shown fine on the XP (Ansi encoded php files) Are now showing garbage instead of hebrew on the Vista (e.g. 'çå÷øéí ôøèéí')

Furthermore when I write in hebrew mode I get question marks instead of characters.

Please tell me what I should do to get back to normal.

Thanks
    Nbd

• Nbd

Nbd - 2009-01-13

Thanks. I did as instructed and the problem still persists. Its not any of the plugins.

Update: I solved one of the two problems: The garbage characters of existing files are now hebrew. Solution was to change the font of the default style.

The problem now is that I can't write hebrew characters. I get ?????? instead when working on ANSI file.
      (its OK on UTF8 files)

What can I try next?

• DV

DV - 2009-01-12

Try to rename Notepad++'es plugins subfolder (i.e. ...\Notepad++\plugins) in order to run Notepad++ without plugins. If the problem is gone, then it was caused by some plugin (by some .dll file in the plugins subfolder). In such case, create an empty folder "plugins" and move the .dll files one by one from your previously renamed plugins subfolder to the new "plugins" subfolder. Restart Notepad++ each time you move a .dll file and check whether the problem happens again. It will help to understand what plugin (i.e. what .dll file) causes the problem.