Menu

quicktext plugin

2008-11-19
2012-11-14
  • Evgeny Sinitsyn

Evgeny Sinitsyn - 2008-11-19

I had improved with some features quicktext plugin but in current version of npp quicktext does not work...
    Does anybody know how to adapt this plugin to current version of npp?
    or
    can you adapt quicktext plugin then I will add my new features. if so I will release this plugin after.

• DV

DV - 2009-01-08

By the way, the most recent and stable version could be uploaded to the common place: https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/
      But the question is: which or whose version is the most recent and stable? After you decide it, this version could be uploaded.

• Allen Zhu

Allen Zhu - 2009-01-09

For one thing, this is a post from November, so no one should be replying anymore to this thread...

You could always check the plugins' home page (If it's not on there, use Google or Yahoo or Cuil or etc. - I like Google) and check it there...

If it's a official plugin, then the latest version should have already been uploaded to SF...

Allen Zhu
        allen.jaloola@gmail.com

• DV

DV - 2008-11-19

Two things are required:
      1) use latest "Notepad_plus_msgs.h"
      2) build the sources of your plugin in Unicode mode

Regarding the point 2:
      a) in Visual Studio, in Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> General, use Unicode Character Set instead of Multi-Byte Character Set
      b) or, if you, for example, use Dev-C++, define these two macro-variables in the beginning of your common header file: UNICODE and _UNICODE e.g.

#define UNICODE
      #define _UNICODE

or add something similar to -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE to your compiler's input parameters.

• Fabio Nagao

Fabio Nagao - 2008-11-20

Oh, i wish you could share your QuickText improvements.

• Evgeny Sinitsyn

Evgeny Sinitsyn - 2008-11-21

okay,
      thanks for help, DV.
      Hope I will release it soon.

• Evgeny Sinitsyn

Evgeny Sinitsyn - 2008-11-24

I did everything you told me.. but it is not compatible with new npp.

--this ansi plugin is not compatible with your Unicode N++. This Plugin is not compatible with current version of N++. Do you want to remove ...--

I am bad c++ developer.
      Very useful plugin for me...
      may be someone adapt quicktext plugin with new npp?

• DV

DV - 2008-11-24

Damn, send me your sources by e-mail so that I could create Unicode project configuration for it. But don't expect I would maintain the sources.

• Fabio Nagao

Fabio Nagao - 2008-11-24

You can run the Quicktext with the Notepad++ 5.1.1 (ANSI) available in the ZIP package. I couldn't find a way to install the ANSI version from the installer, but the zip version works perfect. The only thing I missed for while is that my %APPDATA/Notepad++% configuration wasn't working anymore, but the program is using the configurations at %PROGRAMFILES%/Notepad++ instead.

• Evgeny Sinitsyn

Evgeny Sinitsyn - 2008-11-25

thank you, DV
      I never developed Unicode app before.
      Could you create Unicode project with this native quicktext plugin?

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=183263&package_id=212779&release_id=475651

It is good experience for me to do the same code with updated by you plugin and create new more functional plugin.

PS sorry for my bad english ^_^

• DV

DV - 2008-11-26

I've uploaded the modified sources in a form of patch:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=183263&atid=904542

• Evgeny Sinitsyn

Evgeny Sinitsyn - 2008-11-27

Cool!
      thanks!
      and thanks for your comments ^^

• jive

jive - 2008-11-29

I hope this can be resolved soon. I won't upgrade my N++ untill all of my precious plugins work with the new unicode version...

• cocinerox

cocinerox - 2008-12-12

Hi, I've modified the source from DV__ a bit (hardcoded the language names, so it can be used with hidden menu bar), and compiled in unicode mode. Uploaded here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2421566&group_id=183263&atid=904542

• cocinerox

cocinerox - 2008-12-12

• heindrich

heindrich - 2008-12-24

.dll didn't work for me, so I compiled my own.
          if anyone else has problems with it then you are welcome to try this one
          http://www.file-upload.net/download-1335580/QuickText.zip.html

• J.J. Sanders

J.J. Sanders - 2009-01-02

@cocinerox by me your uploaded plugin in version 5.1.3. DOESNOT work.
      Any Ideas?

• cocinerox

cocinerox - 2009-01-03

Hi, I have no problems so far with 5.1.3 Unicode and the uploaded dll. Anyone else?

• Damien Deutsch

Damien Deutsch - 2009-01-05

It works for me. Thank you