2008-11-11
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2008-11-11

You can download the latest Notepad++ here :
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=95717

Notepad++ v5.1.1 fixed bugs (from v5.1) :

1.  Fix Unicode version display Korean/Japanese language problem.
    2.  Fix bug : Open in new instance not allowing spaces in paths.
    3.  Fix "Global Styles" string incorrectly displayed in Unicode version.
    4.  Fix filters for open/save dialog not showing or incorrectly (showing 'L').
    5.  Fix calltip argument with 'L' leader character bug.
    6.  Fix tab control draw bug.

Included plugins (Unicode):

1.  MIME Tools v1.5
    2.  NppExport v0.2.8
    3.  Doc Monitor v2.2
    4.  NppAutoIndent 1.2
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppAutoIndent 1.2
    7.  NppNetNote v0.1
    8.  TexFX v0.24a

Included plugins (ANSI):

1.  TexFX v0.24a
    2.  NppExec v0.25R2
    3.  Spell Checker v1.3.1
    4.  MIME Tools v1.5
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppExport v0.2.8
    7.  Compare plugin v1.5.1
    8.  Light Explorer v1.5
    9.  Doc Monitor v2.2
    10. NppAutoIndent 1.2
    11. NppNetNote v0.1

For more information about v5.1, please refer to :
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2435465&forum_id=331753

The auto-updater will be triggered 1 week later, if there's no critical bug found.

Enjoy

Don

• Klaviator

Klaviator - 2008-11-11

Hi Don!

I don't really think it's a bug, but the "working directory" option in options menu doesn't work as expected, I think.
      If I set it to a certain directory, NP++ always uses that path, even if I have just opened a file and then want to open another from the same directory - this is very annoying.

This is how the "working directory" option usually works in windows programs and what it best should be like in NP++, too:

If I start NP++ with no open file, the working directory from the options menu should be considered. When I now open a file (e.g. "C:\files\text.php") the working directory should be set to the directory of that last opened file ("C:\files").
      Furthermore: Can you please make NP++ remember the last working directory even after closing the editor (only if the option in options menu is set to "remember last directory").

Apart from all that: Thanks a lot for this great editor!! ;-)

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-11-12

For setting directory in file open/save dialog, you have 3 options :
        1. the directory will be set as the current document directory.
        2. the directory will be set as the last operation directory (ie. where the last time you save or open a file by using File open/save dialog).
        3. the directory will be always set on the path that you provided.

You can change this setting via Preference Dialog, in "New document/open save directory"  tab.

Don

• Klaviator

Klaviator - 2008-11-12

That's right! But I think there should be a 4th option, as known from other software, I would call it "intelligent directory".
          This means, you once select a directory to start with in options menu and after opening a file (from the starting dir. or even a different path), NP++ should remember that new path. The option to choose some fixed working directory seems not that perfect for me (and for others, too, I think).

Greetings from Germany

• Jonas

Jonas - 2008-11-12

• NoAngel

NoAngel - 2008-11-12

>1. Fix Unicode version display Korean/Japanese language problem.
      still not fixed in 5.1.1:
      http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/272/errorisstillhereag9.png

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-11-12

Yes, I confirm the Japanese display bug in Unicode version.
        Harry and I are working on it.

In the mean time, could you confirm that ANSI Npp work fine with Japanese?

Don

• NoAngel

NoAngel - 2008-11-13

>Yes, I confirm the Japanese display >bug in Unicode version.
          >Harry and I are working on it.
          Thanks!
          I think, that it's a problem with default fonts for applications, that compiled under non-Japanese environment. Maybe You should force using MS UI Gothic or similar font with Japanese characters support for Notepad++ GUI(main menu, dialog messages, settings dialog windows), if OS locale=japanese and these fonts are installed.

>In the mean time, could you confirm >that ANSI Npp work fine with Japanese?
          Yes, I confirmed, that both Notepad++ 5.1 and 5.1.1 ANSI versions are OK when using Japanese.

Best regards,

• Y N

Y N - 2008-11-12

Hi Don,

The bug where you close Npp and you need to save changes in some files (in the secondary view) and you hit "Cancel", still exists. (It treats the "Cancel" as a "No")

I sent you a fix for that a few weeks ago.

• Jack

Jack - 2008-11-12

After upgrading I was hoping the bug with go to or open to new instance was fixed. Well indeed no more bug popup window, but now the file you were working on dissapears from the 1st instance while a 2nd instance does not show up at all anymore :(

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2008-11-12

Same problem here.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-11-12

I can not reproduce it.
          What is your environment (xp? vista?)

Don

• Josh Harris

Josh Harris - 2008-11-12

XP64 SP2.  Same problem here.  Putting quotes around the notepad++ exe call fixes it for me:

in docOpenInNewInstance from Notepad_plus.cpp

std::generic_string command;
            command = TEXT("\"");
            command += nppName;
            command += TEXT("\"");
            command += TEXT(" \"$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)\" -multiInst -nosession");

• Jan Schreiber

XP SP3 in my case. Both "new instance" menu items do not open new instances for me, they just close the tab (move to new instance) or do nothing (duplicate to new instance). This worked in 5.1 for me.

• Cyril

Cyril - 2008-11-12

Hi,

The bug with the "Replace all in all opened docs" function is still there. See https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5514525 for a description.

• Karen Arzumanyan

{1. Fix Unicode version display Korean/Japanese language problem. }
      Indeed, the problem persists.
      http://slil.ru/26325378
      I select russian language.

• Jan Schreiber

The portable version still generates the registry key HKLM\Software\Classes\Notepad++_file\shell\open after closing the settings dialog, even though no file types were registered.

• red comet

red comet - 2008-11-14

Jan Schreiber wrote:

> The portable version still generates the
        > registry key HKLM\Software\Classes
        > \Notepad++_file\shell\open after
        > closing the settings dialog, even
        > though no file types were registered.

yep, the same here...

• Harry

Harry - 2008-11-14

This is being worked on, as well as the missing icon

• NoAngel

NoAngel - 2008-11-13

P.S. Also it's good to test it under both Windows 2000 Japanese and XP Japanese. There may be some differences.

• NoAngel

NoAngel - 2008-11-13

P.P.S. [Japanese OS] <> [English OS with locale = Japanese]

• Amadawn

Amadawn - 2008-11-13

Personally, the thing that I miss the most and that stops me from moving to the new notepad is the missing Compare plugin in the Unicode version :-(

Amadawn

• Fabio

Fabio - 2008-11-13

If you download the .zip file you'll find 2 folders within it. One is the new Unicode version, the other is the old ANSI version. The ANSI version is kept exactly for that purpose, that is, to make it possible to keep on using ANSI plugins.

• Sing

Sing - 2008-11-14

The "Run"->"open file Alt+F5" do not work as 5.0.3, it cannot open any files!

• beholder

beholder - 2008-11-14

another bug concerning caret position/text display, this was not in 5.0.3:

1. Set wrap on.
      2. Copy following line into the NPP several times, creating several individual lines. The amount of text displayed must be more than what can fit into the window, vertical scroller on the right must be visible:
      text text text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text

3. scroll to the end of text, set caret position to the end of last wrapped line. Press enter. Press backspace. See? Caret disappears, viewport (?) jumps up and window is scrolled up. Too annoying.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)