Menu

lan problem

2008-04-05
2013-04-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

as written in previous post , i can ran 2 instances on same pc and they detect each other, but on different PCs it is not able to find other peers .i tried the MY jxta it can work by filling tcp addresses and  port, can some one tell me what addition thing should i add to configration as in myjaxta so that it can work ?

• Alexander Sack

Alexander Sack - 2008-04-05

please come to #jxtaim channel on irc.freenode.net .... and ask them there. There are several improvements in CVS head that are not released yet. you might want to try that.

• Alexander Sack

Alexander Sack - 2008-04-05

i mean ... ask me there (nick: asac).

• Nobody/Anonymous

I join the jaxtaim irc bur u were not there ,

• Nobody/Anonymous

i am always there ... maybe had a reconnect ;) ... be more patient.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I found the same problem. It has to due with the length of time the program takes to find other peers, which makes it seem like it is not responding or finding people.

If you enable mutlicasting by editing the PlatformConfig withn the .jxtaim folder, removing the text  <MultiCastOFF> and saving the program will find peers much quicker.

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes, but disabling multicast will prvent you from finding other peers if you dont have a rendeviouz server running and no internet connection.

- asac

• Nobody/Anonymous

fwiw, the cvs head has - afaicr- the ability to configure this kind of thing through the UI

• Nobody/Anonymous

hello I am Cristhian from paraguay. My problen is. I can not open the proyect because whi need a CVS ? or ...? I do not ? pleace help my. =) Ahm My ingles is sack !! Sorry.

• Alexander Sack

Alexander Sack - 2008-11-27

eclipse, netbeans and almost every other IDE should have CVS support. Try those or (assuming you are on windows) google for a windows cvs client. Thanks!

• Alexander Sack

Alexander Sack - 2008-11-28

i brought the CVS head in a usable state again. it now uses latest and greatest JXTA; however, expect some glitches when saving preferences from the GUI. That wll be fixed soon i hope.

• Nobody/Anonymous

true!!!!!