Menu

Using PyDev to edit/run WebLogic WLST scripts

2008-09-10
2013-03-15
  • David M. Karr

David M. Karr - 2008-09-10

I'm using Eclipse 3.3.2 and PyDev 1.3.20.

I'm trying to write scripts that I can use with WebLogic WLST (Jython with WebLogic-specific libraries). The scripts run fine when I run them outside of Eclipse with the "WLST" command-line tool, but I'd like to be able to test them directly in Eclipse. That will mean setting some paths and imports. Before I file a case with Oracle (which will probably take forever to find someone who groks this), does anyone have any obvious help for me?

• Stefano Borgianni

Hi dkarr,

have you got any responses or have you solved your trouble? I'm facing same issue with WLST and ECLIPSE (Ganimede). I'm tring to import in PYTHONPATH "weblogic.jar" but it doesn't work. If you have some news, please advise me.

Regards.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-07-16

I had lost track of this request... (sorry about that). What exactly is the command line you pass to WLST that is working (the problem seems to be that pydev knows nothing about it... but there's probably some way for it to reproduce that command line if you pass me the details on how it's working from the command line).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-12-03

Pick up the discussion in this thread :)

* weblogic.jar includes Jython2.2 package and classes, so it is possible to config a PyDev Jython interpreter pointing to this JAR
    * The problem is: to run jython script using WebLogic WLST extension, the command line needs to be:

java weblogic.WLST foo.py
    instead of

java org.python.util.jython foo.py
    in order for the WebLogic specific namespace available at runtime.

More information of WLST, can be found at
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/config_scripting/reference.html

The question is now: is it possible to configure PyDev Jython interpreter to use a non-default launcher class ?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/config_scripting/reference.html

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2009-12-07

Right now there's no such option (please add a feature request for that).

Now, if you're in a hurry for that, it might be worth submitting it as a patch (shouldn't be too difficult to add an option for that in the jython laurching).

Cheers,

Fabio