Menu

Ganymede + Subclipse + PyDev problems

2008-07-15
2013-03-15
  • Ian Stokes-Rees

Ian Stokes-Rees - 2008-07-15

I am unable to move or rename files in an SVN project once I install PyDev.  Prior to installation it works fine.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I have a fresh install of Eclipse Ganymede, with a handful of the plugins enabled (GMF, EMF, UML, XML/XSL/XSD, that sort of thing).  I have also installed Subclipse rather than Subversive, since the later was giving me problems.  Nothing else has been added to the system (I did a fresh install 60 minutes ago in an attempt to isolate this problem).

Suggestions on how to resolve this greatly appreciated.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-07-15

That's a known problem with Eclipse 3.4. See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2006925&group_id=85796&atid=577329 for a workaround until a pydev version that supports it is released.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Ian Stokes-Rees

Ian Stokes-Rees - 2008-07-15

I don't see any workarounds there, unless you are suggesting that I need to revert to 3.3, which isn't exactly a "workaround".

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-07-15

You're right... I read it wrong... (there's currently no workaround).

I plan to fix that for the next release (until then, you can probably use the resource navigator instead of the pydev package explorer -- or revert back to 3.3).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Robert Davis

Robert Davis - 2008-09-27

How does one start the "navigator" I am using eclipse v 3.4 Ganymede( I think. I get confused with all the version names) and I went thru that tutorial at fabio's web site. At the part where it says to start the "navigator" I could not find anyway to start the navigator within eclipse/pydev.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-09-29

window > show view > pydev > pydev package explorer (if you're refering to the pydev package explorer)

if you want the navigator (which is not customized to view pydev elements, you can go to: window > show view > general > navigator)

Cheers,

Fabio

• Robert Davis

Robert Davis - 2008-10-01

Fabio:

I am talking about a line from the "manual" At

http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_project_conf2.html

It said:

"You may see which Python information your project has by going to the navigator (it must be the navigator and not the package explorer), rigth-clicking the project you want info on and selecting 'properties'"

In my version of eclipse I could not find anything called the "navigator"

Also that manual/tutorial needs to be updated. It still list python version 2.4 as the most recent version. And the screen shots apply to an older version of eclipse( I think).

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-09-29

Just a note. The original bug pointed was fixed in 1.3.19 (so, the pydev package explorer should be already working with eclipse 3.4)