Menu

Have NppExec combo listbox in toolbar

xusoo
2008-06-06
2012-11-14
  • xusoo

xusoo - 2008-06-06

Hi all,

To select user-defined script in the NppExec 'Execute Window' is not that convenient. What you guys think if the Combo box of scripts are put in toolbar?
    By the way, i didn't find place to define shortcut for NppExec's scripts. Is it available?

XS

• DV

DV - 2008-06-06

Alternative solution will be implemented in upcoming NppExec release - an ability to place some NppExec's scripts into the Notepad++'s Macros submenu. Then you can assign shortcut-keys to these menu items in the Shortcut Mapper.
      The basic functionality of new features is almost done already, so I think we'll see the new version in this month :)

• Harry

Harry - 2008-06-06

DV, the rebar in Notepad++ has basic functionality to add custom controls by plugins. Its not enabled because its completely untested and probably unstable, so we need someone who has a good use for it and willing to help develop/test :).

Interested?

Harry

• DV

DV - 2008-06-06

Well, sounds interesting though I'm not sure how could I use it :) I mean even if NppExec will have its combo-box on Notepad++'s toolbar, it will not allow to assign shortcut-keys to different scripts as it can be done with menu items. Or it will be possible?

• xusoo

xusoo - 2008-06-07

DV, please give user both then!
            1)Scripts can be selected and mapped for keys with menu items.
            2)Combo box can be selected on toolbar.

XS

• xusoo

xusoo - 2008-06-06

Sounds good. Appreciate your contribution!

XS