Menu

Color all occurrences problem

mathmax
2008-05-11
2012-11-13
  • mathmax

mathmax - 2008-05-11

I don't understand the "Color all occurrences" feature from the context menu in npp++ 4.9.2.
    When I select some text and click on this action in the context menu, the selected text turn pink but not none of the other occurrences are colored. Moreover nothing more is colored if I repeat the same action with some other text.
    Could anyone explain me how this action works ? Should I report it as a bug ?

Regards,

mathmax

• mathmax

mathmax - 2008-05-17

Could anybody help me to understand this problem ?

Regards,

mathmax

• Fool4UAnyway

Fool4UAnyway - 2008-05-17

See also this thread:

"small bug in smart highlighting" (Open Discussion forum)
      http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2038967&forum_id=331753

It turns out the highlighting and mark functions require your selection to be a complete and separated word, causing all kinds of confusion about why some things do and others don't get highlighted or marked.

I don't understand why a highlighting function wouldn't just highlight _any_ selection.
      You can use the CTRL+F find dialog to mark all occurrences, but don't think "Mark line" will do this for you. This will BOOKMARK all lines containing a match. If you want lines to be marked (or highlighted, please, be consistent in naming those features!), you have to choose the "Style found token" option in this dialog.