Menu

link to JUNG 2.0 tutorial posted on website

2008-04-24
2013-05-29
  • Joshua O'Madadhain

Tom has finally shamed me into taking the two minutes required to post a link to Greg Bernstein's excellent JUNG 2.0 tutorial on our website.  I've put it under "documentation"; for those that find this post first, here it is:

http://www.grotto-networking.com/JUNG/JUNG2-Tutorial.pdf

Thanks again to Greg.

Joshua

• gregbern

gregbern - 2008-04-24

Cool Joshua! One more thing, can you point the website at the new JUNG wiki at SourceForge. Then we can start using it again for lots of JUNG tips and tricks. 

For example, with the Maven plugin and CVS support in Netbean 6.0/6.1 keeping up to date with JUNG2 is relatively easy, and we could post such tips to the wiki.  I'm sure there are Eclipse user's out there with similar tips.  Also more tips for integrating a Visualization Viewer into GUI design in Netbeans...

Regards

Greg B.

• Martin Smith

Martin Smith - 2008-04-24

Wow, thanks Greg. That tutorial is great. I'd love to see more layouts coverage in a future one if you plan on adding or doing more. But thanks a ton!

• Adam

Adam - 2008-04-24

Excellent! That is what I was looking for.
      Thanks for your job.

• Youssef  Ben Hamida

Thanks? that's a great tutorial. I am using it for my final year project and it is very useful.
      I found an eror in one of the examples: EditingGraphViewer1
      there is the layout prameter lissing in the EditingModalGraphMouse constructor, it should be:

EditingModalGraphMouse gm = new EditingModalGraphMouse(vv.getRenderContext(), layout, sgv.vertexFactory, sgv.edgeFactory);

instead of:

EditingModalGraphMouse gm = new EditingModalGraphMouse(vv.getRenderContext(), sgv.vertexFactory, sgv.edgeFactory);

now it works perfectly.

kepp it up, waiting for the final release of JUNG2.