Menu

crashing at open files from the C:

2008-04-24
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

The program is crashing at open files from the C: drive (drag and drop or open) every Version include 4.8.5.

blueocean

• Nobody/Anonymous

this are txt files with the KUKA Robot extension .src .dat .sub. Open from zip files, unfortunately, not yet. Because I get all Dateiein KUKA zipped.

• DV

DV - 2008-04-29

blueocean,

try this:
      1) close Notepad++ if it's opened
      2) be sure you have a file "doLocalConf.xml" in your Notepad++ folder; if there is no such file, create an empty file with this name
      3) remove all the plugins (DLL-files) from Notepad++\plugins folder
      4) start Notepad++ and try to open files from your drive C.
      5) if you still have the crash, I can only recommend you to try to debug Notepad++ from Visual C++ Express; if you don't know how to do this - just forget about this...
      6) if you have no crashes without plugins, then return the plugins DLL files back to Notepad++\plugins folder, one by one, restarting Notepad++ after each DLL file has been returned to the plugins folder, to understand which DLL file causes the crash.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-04-24

Did you try the zipped version ?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes,I did everything Uninstalls, then deleted all folders and restarted. Then the zipped version loaded and only in a folder Copies. Unfortunately, it does not work. There is a log file?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yeah! What kind of files are you trying to open? What's the extension or type?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have both tested Versinoen but it is always the same effect.

• Nobody/Anonymous

To have a "clean" testing, you must download the latest zip-archive, unpack it to new empty folder and run Notepad++ from there.
      After you do it, there will be several questions if you still have the error:
      1) What is your OS?
      2) What is regional settings and language of your OS?
      3) Do the files, which you want to open, have Unicode names (i.e. contains hieroglyphs or something similar)?
      4) What is the content of these files? ANSI text? DBCS text? Unicode text (UCS2, UTF-8 etc.)? Binary?
      5) Does Notepad++ crash immediately or try to open the file and then crash? Does it show any error message?
      Finally, can you describe your steps in details?

• Nobody/Anonymous

What does regular Windows Notepad show when opening the file?

• Nobody/Anonymous

ok, thanks for the fast answer. I do it on monday and give the request.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello it has the same effect as before, whether drag & drop or open.
      XP SP2 operating system,
      language, German,
      filetype Txt Ascii code
      Any crash is without error.

THX blueocean

• Nobody/Anonymous

or you can kompillieren a version and send me a log file generated?

• Nobody/Anonymous

sorry this was auto translated, i want to tell you can you compile a version that was create a log file on the crash situation?