Menu

Temporary Files Don't Open

SkyFuser
2008-03-21
2012-11-13
  • SkyFuser

SkyFuser - 2008-03-21

Problem stated in subject.
    If it's a file I directly opened from the internet, Notepad++ just opens up, and either starts a new session or reverts to the saved session. The temporary files don't show up.
    Same with file archives. The files just don't show up. It's not the computer's problem because if I extract the contents into the hard drive it opens up.
    Any idea how to get around this? Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

> Problem stated in subject.

Don't use descriptions like this if you want readers to be able to find the specific terms in only the message's body. Be so smart to copy and paste title or use the same words in the message. This should take no more effort than writing this silly sentence.

Yea, I got an idea. Set the extension to those file to be opened with your browser and use Notepad++ only to view the source from file in the browser.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Perhaps you can test if helps with this registry.
      Modify the source code to suit your Directories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~codestart~~~~~~~~~~~~
      REGEDIT4
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\Notepad++_file]
      @="Notepad++ Document"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CHANNELFILE\SHELL\EDIT\COMMAND]
      @="C:\\Programfiles\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe %1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\DEFAULT HTML EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\COMMAND]
      @="\"C:\\Programfiles\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe\" %1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\DEFAULT HTML EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\DDEEXEC\APPLICATION]
      @="notepad++"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\VIEW SOURCE EDITOR\EDITOR NAME]
      @="C:\\Programfiles\\Notepad++\\nppIExplorerShell.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SHARED\HTML\DEFAULT EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\COMMAND]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SHARED\HTML\DEFAULT EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\DDEEXEC\APPLICATION]
      @="notepad++"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SHARED\HTML\OLD DEFAULT EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\COMMAND]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SHARED\HTML\OLD DEFAULT EDITOR\SHELL\EDIT\DDEEXEC\APPLICATION]
      @="notepad++"

~~~~~~~~~~codeend~~~~~~~~~

Best Regards.

• SkyFuser

SkyFuser - 2008-03-22

Had to tweak the entry a bit since Notepad++ wasn't installed in the given place, but it works now!
        Thanks for the help :D

• SkyFuser

SkyFuser - 2008-03-22

Yes, will try to remember that next time.
      I use the latest Firefox stable version. I see the section where it says configure how filetypes are configured but it won't let me add. Please show me the step by step way to make the settings that way?
      Thanks!