Menu

Which plugins come bundled?

Anonymous
2008-03-06
2012-11-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-03-06

Hey there guys.

Aren't those plugins from the Plugins section of the downloads page already installed with the latest binaries?

• o_z

o_z - 2008-03-08

Hi Don,

It would be great if there was a plugin manager that would allow to enable/disable plugins, download updates, download new plugins. I've created a mockup, you can download it here: www.oferz.com/temp/NPP_PluginManagerDemo.exe
      Unfortunately, I don't know C++ (I'm only starting to learn it now), so I can't help beyond this mockup.
      How I think this should work:
      On the first tab (Installed Plugin) there will be a list of all the plugins available on the machine. Unchecking the checkbox will disable the plugin (on the next start of N++). Checking a checkbox will re-enable the plugin.
      When you switch to the second tab (Update plugins), the manager will contact someplace on the web, and get the latest versions of the installed plugins. Only plugins that have newer versions will be displayed. When you click the Download and Install button, it will download and install only the plugins that have their checkbox checked.
      When you switch to the third tab (Available Plugins), the manager will contact the same place on the web where there will be a list of plugins, and will display all the plugins that are available on the web but are not installed on the system. Again, pressing the Download and Install button will download and install only the plugins that are checked.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
      o

• Rocky

Rocky - 2008-03-07

From the official 4.8.1 message http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4812359

>Included plugins :
      >
      >1. TexFX v0.24a
      >2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
      >3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
      >4. Hex editor v0.84
      >5. Base64 encoder/decoder v1.2
      >6. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
      >7. NppExport v0.2.7.2
      >8. Compare plugin v1.5.1
      >9. Light Explorer v1.4

See here for other Notepad++ plugins: http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-03-07

Thank you!

• Don R

Don R - 2008-03-07

How is the bundled set of plugins determined? Are the plugins arbitrarily chosen by Don Ho or is there a selection procedure in place? All of the bundled plugins are very good but some I don't use and other plugins that I use are not bundled with the install.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-03-08

All the included plugins in OR is chosen by me, there's not really a selection procedure.
        The main criteria is : The plugin should be stable (not making Notepad++ crash) and not changing the expected behaviours of Notepad++.
        The plugin size is also an important factor.

Don