Menu

NPP Export 0.2.7.3 issues

2008-03-06
2012-11-14
  • Nobody/Anonymous

When exporting SQL code to RTF, the code is not lined up the same as in Notepad++.
    This probably is because of some other tab width setting.

Can this be changed?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Could you please give an example? Since 2.7.2 the tabs should line up perfectly.

-Harry

• Nobody/Anonymous

I regressed to 0.27, which worked OK for me.

I use keywords at the beginning of the line and then indent with the tab character.

Previously the second "column" (after the first tab) was placed at a small distance from the SELECT statement.

From 0.272, the first column end right after the SELECT statement, so the tab characters now moves to the position equal to two tab characters from the beginning of the line, instead of one.

Example with 0.27:

SELECT->Version,
        ------->COUNT( * )----->AS Aantal
        FROM--->dbo.ods_Warr_ServiceContract

Example with 0.273:

SELECT----->Version,
        ----->COUNT( * )->AS Aantal
        FROM->dbo.ods_Warr_ServiceContract

"(--)->" represent a tab character.

It seems the tab witdh is reduced to 6 space characters(' width) instead of 8.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Well, I figured out what the problem is. Instead of explicitly giving tabstop locations, the plugin now gives a default tab size, which works fine if the RTF is exported to a file, but fails when pasting from the clipboard. The reason I removed the tabstops was because it was very difficult to determine how many had to be made and where they shouldbe. 0.2.7 just added the first 32, but it was ugly imo so I removed it.
          (the 6 spaces are the default RTF tabsize)

If anyone has a solution, I'd be happy to hear it :)

-Harry

• Nobody/Anonymous

Don't you think it's better to copy the number of space characters from the Notepad++ tab size setting??

I would really like this to work the WYSIWYG-way and not having to (re)set tabs after exporting myself (again).

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've tried the spaces and it didnt work. It works for the default style and fonts, but if a style uses something else the entire layout gets screwed,
              most noticably comments, which are default in Comic Sans MS.
              If you really need those tabs I suggest to use 2.7.0 instead, its pretty stable. (or even earlier version which used spaces)

• Nobody/Anonymous

And I surely want tab characters, I only mentioned the number of space characters for the tab width.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yep, that's what I do. I renamed the 0.273 version and re-installed 0.27. To my somehwat pleasant surprise I noticed both being present in Notepad++, so now I can even choose which one to use on the fly.