Don HO
2008-02-17
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-17

Here you can find Notepad++ v4.8 RC :
    http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/commun/misc/npp.v4.8.RC.zip

The official 4.8 version will be released in 4 days, if there's no critical bug found.

This version includes a lot bug fixed/new features/enhancement, just check the list below :
    Notepad++ v4.8 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.7.5) :

1.  Enhance Shortcut Mapper - all the commands (including plugins commands) can be assigned to a shortcut, even for the unmapped ones.
    2.  Upgrade Scintilla from v1.73 to v1.75
    3.  Add multi-line and vertical capacity for tab bar.
    4.  Add launch "as notepad" style feature (detection of asNotepad.xml, then launch notepad++ with -multiInst -nosession -notabbar options).
    5.  Add detection mouse wheel on the different view feature : User can scroll edit view when mouse on it, it's not necessary to set edit view as current view to scroll it.
    6.  Add clicking middle mouse button click to set current view feature : make clicked edit view be focused, but the cursor position does not change.
    7.  Add mouse wheel horizontal scroll feature (vista only).
    8.  Add mouse browsing (forward/back for switching to next/previous document) feature.
    9.  Make orange indicator on the top of tab lighter when the view loss the focus.
    10. Add new look and feel of Docking container.
    11. Fix word-completion crash bug while the word to complete exceeds 256 characters.
    12. Fix full screen mode bug : can not switch applications by using Alt+TAB in full screen mode.
    13. Fix Preference crash bug.
    14. Add the utf8->ansi / ansi->utf8 conversion feature.
    15. Add Go to offset feature (in Go To Line dialog).
    16. Fix folding bugs while deleting the begin/end folding keywords.
    17. Fix position restored bug : Wrap position is restored correctly while switching back document.
    18. Fix locking current directory behaviour : Restore Notepad++ directory as working directory with no open files.
    19. Fix the multi-line tab height display problem while adding/removing the document.

Included plugins :

1. TexFX v0.24a
    2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
    3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
    4. Explorer plugin v1.7.1
    5. Hex editor v0.84
    6. Base64 encoder/decoder v1.2
    7. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    8. NppExport v0.2.6

Find any serious bugs? Post them in this thread.

Don

• Idris Samawi Hamid

> Enhance Shortcut Mapper - all the commands (including plugins
      > commands) can be assigned to a shortcut, even for the unmapped ones.

WhooHoo!

> Upgrade Scintilla from v1.73 to v1.75

Hmm, still no correct unicode typed input here...

Thank you for all the hard work!

Best wishes
      Idris

• Nobody/Anonymous

here is a serious bug.

create a new CSS file, type some CHINESE words like '微软', and save it. it will be crashed.

it also exist in v4.7.5.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-18

What's your encoding for this document? ANSI or UTF8?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

just ansi

in utf8, it can normally save & open.

• clinisbut

clinisbut - 2008-02-18

When pressing Backspace while shift is on notepad++ doesn't erase last character, instead it writes: 
      I think it never happened before (maybe I'm wrong).

• clinisbut

clinisbut - 2008-02-18

Another annoying thing is that when I search with 'search all documents' the cursor goes to start of the document focused.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The thing you see when you press shift-backspace is the backspace character (which sourceforge doesnt show btw ;)). I believe notepad has done this always (or scintilla to be more specific).
      The shortcutmapper doesnt support adding more keys to the same command, so you jsut have to refrain from pressing shift whiel pressign backspace (ctrl-backspace sohuld work though, thats a different command)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Please change the annoying behaviour of horizontal scrollbar!!!

E.g.: If I scroll to the most right position (line length 256 in view) and after that I scroll up or down but the here is the line length shorter, the horizontal scrollbar can disaper and/or my old position is lost!

- If you test for current line length, why Notepad++ don't check if the largest line length in view is greater than the actual one and resize only in this case the scrollbar size? If it is smaller IMO there is no need to change!

Best Regards
      Jens

• Nobody/Anonymous

Its a great release!!! I love many features you added, Enhance Shortcut Mapper, Add detection mouse wheel on the different view feature, I love it!!

How can I use
      8. Add mouse browsing (forward/back for switching to next/previous document) feature
      &
      4. "as notepad" style feature?

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-19

> 8. Add mouse browsing (forward/back for switching to next/previous document) feature

You should have the mouse to support forward/back browsing.

> 4. "as notepad" style feature?

Create an empty file named "asNotepad.xml", then you'll see.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just trying the new realease, but got the following exception:

---------------------------
      int exception
      God Damned Exception : 777
      確定  

• Nobody/Anonymous

Before the "God Damned Exception", it also popped a error window with the message "無效視窗控制碼".

• Mark Baines

Mark Baines - 2008-02-18

Thanks for this Don, some great additions, especially multi-line tabs. Good work.

If I open and close files by clicking on them in Explorer or Favourites, the *last one* closed is still shown as underlined.

If I switch from Wordwrap to non-wordwrap, the horizontal scroll bar doesn't display until I move the vertical one or cursor.

I suffer Jens' problem with the scroll bar appearing and disappearing depending on line length. Grossly annoying.

Thanks

Mark B

• Harry

Harry - 2008-02-18

Yeah that problem is kinda hard to solve properly unless the scrollbar is always visible, and Scintilla doesnt like that. Maybe just make Notepad++ look 2 lines further for the length of the line.
        That or use the new Scintilla 1.75 feature of letting the scrollbar grow depending on the maximum length of the longest line, and dont shrink anymore. Its like the old behaviour but with probably better performance.

-Harry

• GVC

GVC - 2008-02-24

>use the new Scintilla 1.75 feature of letting the scrollbar grow depending on the maximum length of the longest line, and dont shrink anymore. Its like the old behaviour but with probably better performance.

I'd second that.  Would be better than the "jumping jack flash" horiz. scroll bar...

Best rgds,

--Geert

• Nobody/Anonymous

YES, once _again_, the old behavior is MUCH better. Stop flashing a scroll bar that surely doesn't add any functionality.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Somethign I find rather annoying is the context menu that pops up if you use the documentswitcher, no matter what keys you use. It makes the list itself hang too untill you click somewhere, can this be removed?

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-02-20

I have the same bug here Don. CTRL+TAB issues the tab context menu.

BTW: This issue should be solved in addition to final release of 4.8. It's too old to ignore!
        http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1932749&forum_id=331753

Best Regards
        Jens

• Nobody/Anonymous

I agree, and its an easy fix, I put the patch in the tracker. Maybe it fixes some bugs with auto-update too since its roughly in the same category (wrong document getting updates, possibly because of the focus).

-Harry

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-19

What is your OS?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

Windows XP x64 edition. I should have logged in but SourceForge isn't saving my cookies and im too lazy to do it myself (it takes too long too) :)
          The code that did this was in

case NPPM_ACTIVATEDOC :
          case NPPM_ACTIVATEDOCMENU:

but you changed it already in the CVS (added the if statement/changed name of the label).

-Harry

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-20

The fixed issue will be in v4.8 OR.

Don

• Hashim Kubba

Hashim Kubba - 2008-02-20

> Somethign I find rather annoying is the context menu that pops up if you use the documentswitcher, no matter what keys you use. It makes the list itself hang too untill you click somewhere, can this be removed? 

I think what is happening is that the left and right mouse buttons are flipped in the document switcher; clicking left mouse button show context menu, clicking right one just switch the documnet

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just tried the v4.8 RC (2008-02-6) using my configuration from v4.75. The standard shortcut for Paste (Shift+Ins) doesn't work for me (pasting by mouse does work though). Notepad++ v4.75 works flawless to that regard. Tested on WinXP Pro SP2 (all updates).

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)