Menu

Multiline Tab

2007-04-24
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Sorry for my English...
    Can NotePad++ do multiline tab - tabs in one string it is not good!!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

(Keywords: tabs, open files list, sidebar, feature request)

I've seen a feature in Textpad that adds a simple sidebar with a list of all the open files.
      Not in the shape of tabs, just a simple list, and it looks realy, realy tidy.
      This way you can easily open 20 files, and still have an easy overview.
      This in combination with the "save session" option... mjum

This shoudn't be too hard to implement, anyone feels like picking this up?

• Nobody/Anonymous

ah, found something that does the trick for me
        in the explorer plugin there's an advanced favorites function.
        perfect :)
        is there anything notepad++ doesn't have?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Could you please tell us where I can find this advanced favorite function? I am looking for the function and I do not have any such option. I am using plugin version 1.6.1 for notepad++ 4.3. Thanks for any information.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I still developed a new plugin to show opened file. Please wait a bit, it will comming soon!

Best Regards
      Jens

• Nobody/Anonymous

explorer plugin is i.m.o. the best plugin in notepad.
      What would notepad be without this plugin.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Could you please tell us where I can find this advanced favorite function? I am looking for the function and I do not have any such option. I am using plugin version 1.6.1 for notepad++ 4.3. Thanks for any information.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I really need that, too! I always work with a lot of files and I need to see the tabs with all of them.
      How can we extend tab for more lines?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Pls from bulgaria. I want too multitab.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just keep checking the fora for other messages about this. Perhaps it is better to reply to those.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would also like to see multiline tabbar in npp. That's the most expected feature for me. But the tabbar must work as one in firefox - no reodering when changing active tab. I saw once a text editor (I can't remember) with a multiline tabbar, that was reordering lines on active tab change, and it worked terrible. Nearly as bad as no multiline at all...

• Nobody/Anonymous

How did you get to this old message? Check out the later ones!