Menu

Current Folder

2007-11-15
2012-11-13
  • David Artiss

David Artiss - 2007-11-15

Is there an easy way to get N++ to remember the folder you are working in? Whenever I try to create a new file or open an existing one, it default to the N++ installation folder.

If I use Explorer Lite plugin, then I can open using that, but it doesn't resolve the issue of new files.

I've tried playing with various settings in the preferences, but am still stuck. Any suggestions?

David.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Preference - Preferences - "Remember the last operation directory"

• David Artiss

David Artiss - 2007-11-15

Yep. Got that ticked. Still doesn't work - well it does if I use the folder in that particular session. But if I close Notepad down and start it again, it defaults back to the install directory again.

David.

• Nobody/Anonymous

You must deselect it!

If you deselect Preference - Preferences - "Remember the last operation directory" than Notepad++ will, in oposit, remember the last directory!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I don't think this will help. In fact, I don't think there is any solution for this problem when starting Notepad++ without any files (from a previous session) opened.

Well, you could try setting the "Start in" folder of the Notepad++ shortcut, but I'm not so sure Notepad++ itself will like that very much.

• Nobody/Anonymous

"Well, you could try setting the "Start in" folder of the Notepad++ shortcut, but I'm not so sure Notepad++ itself will like that very much."

This is what I do and it works perfectly.

• dkbrklyn

dkbrklyn - 2008-02-17

As someone else suggested last month, UN-checking

Settings | Preferences | Global Tab | [] Remember the last operation directory

gets it working right when you leave a saved file or two in the editor between sessions.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it to default to "Normal Text, UTF-8 without BOM" when "Saving As" (works for "new" files, but setting gets lost somehow when you "open" them again).